Hey I was talking with different accents for 2 days straight and now I can't talk normally... has anyone ever had this problem and if so, how has it been solved. This is really messing with my singing and I could use some help.
nope, i have never had this problem since talking with accents 2 days straight doesn't sound like a good way to get women to ingest your penis. try gargling with salt and then resting your voice by not talking?
My and my friend did different accents for everyday of the week one time. We never had your problem though. It sure was fun pissing off the English teacher though. My favorite accent? Jamaican, by far.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 15, 2009,
you cant possibly be serious..

you must neeeed attention.

im confused. please give us more details.
What type of accents?
I know when I went to Kiev for a summer I came back with a bad accent, but i've never heard of anything like this
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
nope, i have never had this problem since talking with accents 2 days straight doesn't sound like a good way to get women to ingest your penis. try gargling with salt and then resting your voice by not talking?

i think i love you.

how long before this thread gets closed..

my advice..continue speaking with an accent and see how many friends you have after a month..
Quote by nikki82
i think i love you.

my advice..continue speaking with an accent and see how many friends you have after a month..

love you to sweetheart.
TS, you probably just created some extra personalities. Shoot yourself in the head, it'll kill all the bad ones.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by nikki82
i think i love you.

You must have some really shitty friends if they leave you over an accent.

Quote by guitarsftw
TS, you probably just created some extra personalities. Shoot yourself in the head, it'll kill all the bad ones.

But somehow you live with only a gunshot wound in the throat while you watch the city crumble while listening to The Pixies. Living the good life.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 15, 2009,
Listen to a recording of yourself before the "Incident" and then copy that.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by itchy guitar
You must have some really shitty friends if they leave you over an accent.

But somehow you live with only a gunshot wound in the throat while you watch the city crumble while listening to The Pixies. Living the good life.

if i was his mother and he did that for a month id abandon him.
hell even if he did it for a week.

i want to know which accents he was using..
Quote by nikki82
if i was his mother and he did that for a month id abandon him.
hell even if he did it for a week.

i want to know which accents he was using..

he was probably trying to copy russell peters like all the cool kids.

typical
Quote by itchy guitar

That was the first thing to spring to mind for me
Quote by bendystraw
Can't talk normally? Sober up.

Problem solved.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Well I cannot say my S's and T's right because when I was like 3 I took a razorblade to my tongue and started to feel it with my tongue. I guess it was pretty bad because I have the scars and...what the hell was I talking about
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by SeEsAw12
I know some girls that under extreme ecstasy scream in latin

beotches be speakin' in tongues!
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by SeEsAw12
I know some girls that under extreme ecstasy scream in latin

I do something along these lines, I slip into very fast French when I'm angry. And I'm a dude. Not a girl.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
I do something along these lines, I slip into very fast French when I'm angry. And I'm a dude. Not a girl.

I also do something along those lines, When I watch Wheel Of Fortune, I think in Spanish and always lose. Spanish isn't even my first language.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
I also do something along those lines, When I watch Wheel Of Fortune, I think in Spanish and always lose. Spanish isn't even my first language.

Oh, well, I learned French simultaneously with English when I was growing up, through my French father. That explains me, but I can't see why you'd think in Spanish if it's not your first language...
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Oh, well, I learned French simultaneously with English when I was growing up, through my French father. That explains me, but I can't see why you'd think in Spanish if it's not your first language...

It only happens with Wheel Of Fortune. It is the weirdest thing. For example if there is a five letter word on the board and the first letter is C and the last letter is E I'll think of the word "calle" instead of something English.
Quote by MakinLattes
If TS can understand this then he might have a problem... or just happens to understand what language it is

Якщо ви можете прочитати цю вітання!
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
If TS can understand this then he might have a problem... or just happens to understand what language it is

Якщо ви можете прочитати цю вітання!

Здравствуйте, товарищ!
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
When I was at disney world last year for band, I spent a couple of days speaking with a slovenian accent, then an australian accent, and I had the same problem. It just takes a conscious effort to speak normally again
I wonder how my bass would sound, hooked to a microwave...

HOLY DAMN!!!! THAT WAS BALLS!!!!

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by powerslave69
Здравствуйте, товарищ!

жодним чином не ви говорите мовою тієї країни старої?
Quote by Akridosity
Listen to a recording of yourself before the "Incident" and then copy that.

Thank you for the only good post I've read so far. I never thought of that. To everyone else, it was australian/british/irish all at the same time and i was doing it to mess with people at a summer program that I'm in. I was also thinking in the accent to try to do it better, and somewhere along the way i think i forgot what i sound like normally. Thanks to everyone else who isn't just trying to be cool and make fun of someone also.
Last edited by ragingbear at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by thelurker
As long as you don't have a Brummie accent, you should be fine.