i am currently playing guitar in a orginal music focused band and i can solo and sing very well and i have the option to do both. the problem is i dont know what to decide to do. should i be the lead guitarist or sing and play rhythm guitar (cause i dont believe the singer should be the lead guitarist as well). So if anyone can give me insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.
well depends on the music style i guess, if you can afford to do both then go for it but like i said depends on the genre of music youre playin
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Just look at The Fall of Troy. Their rhythm guitar is lead plus he sings. You should too
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
Quote by firefox385
Just look at The Fall of Troy. Their rhythm guitar is lead plus he sings. You should too
I was about to say the same thing.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Lots of lead guitarists eventually learn to sing as well so that they can play their own music as they envisioned.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Sing, play leads, switch up with the other guy. Your band will definately not be the only one.
Just do whatever. We have two singer/guitarists, and they're always switching out lead and vocals. Whoever's turn it is to do vocals plays rhythm. Unless one's doing keyboards. Can the other guy sing? If not, maybe just play leads when you're not singing.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
Alexi Laiho
Chuck Schulinder

so....both
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
IWhat he said.. and then some
TS: do both, or, if you have other more talented singers or guitarists let them fill the slot and you do the other thing

Also, Laiho is very much over-rated, especially in terms of his vocals, and children of bodom as a whole haven't relreased a good album since Follow The Reaper
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
thanks for the help. i told my band about this today and they seem all for it(exclude the drummer then i called him out on something else and he shut up) and i think we will have co lead guitarists and make it awesome.
I Play Lead and Sing....
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
^Your point being?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Just do whatever sounds best for the band, if you have the best voice, then you do the majority of the singing, if you play the best solos, then you do the majority of the solos, but be honest with yourself. If someone is a better singer or soloist than you, le them handle the majority.
I say 'majority' because it's always healthy to mix it up a bit.