hey guys
so ive ALMOST gotten all my guitars to be where i want them
thanks for all the help

so now ive been checking out the lr baggs x-bridge/t-bridge in my electrics in the hopes to be able to get some acoustic sound out of my electrics
there are two setups they say you can do:
1) you can have two different outputs, with one controled by the electric guitar and the other the acoustic bridge
2) you can have a switch that goes between each the electric guitar or switch to the acoustic bridge

or you can get that stupid ctrl-x thing, but i refuse to have a battery in my guitars

i was wondering, what is another way to do it?
i would really love to have some sort of blend between the two signals, but i find it hard to believe that without a battery you really cant
could there be a 3 way switch?
some sort of pan between the two inputs?
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
I'd imagine you could just wire it as you would any other pickup.

No need to get any special extra stuff, if you want to blend the two tones, I suppose you could add a pot that introduces a volume pot for the piezo, then you could just blend it into the tone by messing with all the volume pots.
Quote by AXmichigan
hey guys
so ive ALMOST gotten all my guitars to be where i want them
thanks for all the help

so now ive been checking out the lr baggs x-bridge/t-bridge in my electrics in the hopes to be able to get some acoustic sound out of my electrics
there are two setups they say you can do:
1) you can have two different outputs, with one controled by the electric guitar and the other the acoustic bridge
2) you can have a switch that goes between each the electric guitar or switch to the acoustic bridge

or you can get that stupid ctrl-x thing, but i refuse to have a battery in my guitars

i was wondering, what is another way to do it?
i would really love to have some sort of blend between the two signals, but i find it hard to believe that without a battery you really cant
could there be a 3 way switch?
some sort of pan between the two inputs?
magnetic pickups have a lot of inductance in series with the "source". piezos have a lot of capacitance.
will they work well, directly coupled without preamps to buffer them from each other?
i really don't know.

your magnetic system will have a volume control at the output.
does the piezo system you're looking at also have it's own volume control?
maybe you could use a standard LP style 3way toggle or Tele 3way lever to select either or both.
It's not likely the piezo and magnetic systems will have the same output level. (my guess is the piezo will be louder) but if you have volume controls for both, you can use those to control the "blend".

worst case, it won't sound very good in the "both" position, but in the magnetic position and the piezo position it will still function the same as a 2way switch that selects one or the other.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
thanks everyone for the response
i just dont want to have a battery that i have to replace, just seems odd to me (im sure other will agree.. and prob disagree)

i was thinking that too, a 3 way toggle
when i hear a blended acoustic and electric sound, i feel like the electric sound is more powerful anyway, so more acoustic wouldnt be bad personally

so now the question comes i guess
would it be possible to even have the 3 way lever switch that could kind of have a blended position? would it work?
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals