I am getting a jcm 2000 DSL 50 Marshall head and a Avatar 2x12 cab, but dont know if I should go closed or open back and not sure what speaks to get. My initial thought on speaks is V30/GH30 combo, but am open to suggestions for those who have experience with the DSL 50.

My playing will consist of rock, blues, classic rock, and some metal if that matters for either of my 2 questions.
I would go with 2 g12h30 hellatones personally, but with 50 watts coming out of that head, it might be a bit of a risk if you crank the amp.
if you need tight metal get a closed back.

if you need bluesy ambiance and ring get a open back.

+1 to Avatar. Dave is great. I have a GH1230 and Classic Lead 80 closed. I'm not saying this is perfect for you. It seems very flexible to me. You pretty much can't go wrong with V30 for any genre.

You can also order an open back for now and get the back 'closed' part later if you think you need it.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if you need tight metal get a closed back.

if you need bluesy ambiance and ring get a open back.

+1 to Avatar. Dave is great. I have a GH1230 and Classic Lead 80 closed. I'm not saying this is perfect for you. It seems very flexible to me. You pretty much can't go wrong with V30 for any genre.

You can also order an open back for now and get the back 'closed' part later if you think you need it.

Is the closed back part something you can take on and off repeatedly?

Quote by al112987
I would go with 2 g12h30 hellatones personally, but with 50 watts coming out of that head, it might be a bit of a risk if you crank the amp.

hellatones?
Last edited by toe2323 at Jul 16, 2009,