You don’t have to buy the rain,
to find your pot of gold.
If you give up,
On what you’re hunting for.
You can find it all waiting for you,
Right at home.
Right at home.

My treasure chest isn’t packed to impress,
With all the things that you might consider the best.
My day to day may be your complete mess,
But if you ask me, I’m just blessed.
Too blessed to be stressed.
Too blessed to be stressed.

You don’t have to be rich,
To be a rich man, no.
to find your pot of gold.
If you give up,
Right at home.

You may not believe it,
There are some who can’t perceive it.
But I can guarantee,
The sun always shines for free.

In the end,
I’m in your hands my friend.
Your heart of gold and the treasures you bleed.
As my time draws near,
While you’re standing here.
I’m a rich man indeed.

You don’t have to be rich,
To be a rich man, no.
to find your pot of gold
If you give up,
Right at home.
Right at home.
I sung it, and I imagine is sounding something like The Band's song "The Weight" (the vocals of it anyways).
I agree, great meaning and a great tone. When I read it I was getting this ska/reggae vibe to it but I'm not sure if that's what you intended. But I might've got that feel from the beach scene in the first verse and the whole sort-of spiritual message of the piece.

Great writing, nonetheless.
here, My Dear, here it is
Theres only one line which bugs me a bit and that's "you don't have to buy the rain". It seems a bit unrelated to the next line. Maybe if you could elaborate a bit on it in the following line.
Just what I might write as a quick example is
"You don't have to buy the rain
cos money can't control the weather"
Thats just my two cents. I like the piece, it feels like it could translate into a song quite easily. White album Beatles style maybe.

Btw what style did you intend this for?

Fair Play.
Last edited by RichRman at Jul 16, 2009,
A very heart warming piece that is a complete 180 from a lot of the darker, grungier, or pop-punk pieces that seem to be featured on U-G.

Maybe be a bit more descriptive like you were in the first half of the lyrics but in general I do like this piece quite a bit.

Overall, with a revision here and possibly one great zinger/one smart talking one liner this piece will be top notch.

Cheers!

Also, I've got two pieces "Together Through Life" and "The Roughness,The"

Please crit. if possible and Thanks!
very nice. maybe some clean fingerpicking behind it? or perhaps a 12 string? hmm? hmm? seems to remind me of "tuesday's gone" by skynyrd. or maybe zeppelin. very good tho.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Overall, with a revision here and possibly one great zinger/one smart talking one liner this piece will be top notch.
QUOTE]
I get what you mean find the hook, people have reacted very well to the last verse and Im kind of using that as a hook, but I can see what you mean, maybe find a hook that repeats. I do think that last verse grabs people though because the tracks cut down at that part and it becomes much more just the single guitar, kind of making it more intimate.
Quote by RichRman
Theres only one line which bugs me a bit and that's "you don't have to buy the rain". It seems a bit unrelated to the next line. Maybe if you could elaborate a bit on it in the following line.
Just what I might write as a quick example is
"You don't have to buy the rain
cos money can't control the weather"
Thats just my two cents. I like the piece, it feels like it could translate into a song quite easily. White album Beatles style maybe.

Btw what style did you intend this for?

Fair Play.

What I meant by the line was that you don't have to put yourself through misery and do things you don't want to do, to find happiness in your life. That line is the one that people have commented on saying maybe change and I have been trying some other ones but its hard to find one that flows well, Im still trying to figure that part out.

Quote by SaiNt adEL #13
very nice. maybe some clean fingerpicking behind it? or perhaps a 12 string? hmm? hmm? seems to remind me of "tuesday's gone" by skynyrd. or maybe zeppelin. very good tho.

I do actually feature an acoustic 12 string on the recording as a rhythm guitar.