ok so..

I'm not a bassist, but the bassist in my band is looking at getting some new pickups in his bc rich warlock

I said I'd ask him on here cause he's not a part of any forums

So just throw any suggestions at all at me, price does not matter.

He's looking for something that has great metal tones but then again is pretty versatile

Oh and BTW he was looking at EMG's but doesn't know if they're any good.....are they?

Thanks guys
a lot of people like bass emgs but I'm not one of them.
For humbuckers I like the Bartolini mk1 and mk2 that I have in my 2 Ibanezes.

On the other hand, single coils are often very versatile e.g. Jazz pickups can sound like almost anything while the one distinctive sound of P pickups suit almost everything.

What model is it exactly?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
a lot of people like bass emgs but I'm not one of them.
For humbuckers I like the Bartolini mk1 and mk2 that I have in my 2 Ibanezes.

On the other hand, single coils are often very versatile e.g. Jazz pickups can sound like almost anything while the one distinctive sound of P pickups suit almost everything.

What model is it exactly?

oh damn it i have no idea...

ill ring him and ask...

but keep the suggestions coming!
Quote by geetar_man0
i just rang him...

its a ''platinum series'' warlock.

thats not the exact model. I think your bassist is a nublet =)
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
If it is from the platinum series, then I would recommend getting a new bass before any new hardware for it. I might be being a bit of a knob, but there is no use getting fancy silk furniture if you live in a box or something for example.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by SOADriff
thats not the exact model. I think your bassist is a nublet =)

haha yeah well he said he didn't know, but then he said oh its from the platinum series.

or something like that