One of these days, a girl asked me to learn a song called ''Love song'' by Sara Bareilles (pop ****) but anyway, it had tons of chords in it! it had 7 chords (not that much, but it seemed a lot in the moment).

So in this moment I thought, ''hmm, it is amazing how can a song be great with having such changes.''

So do you know any great songs that havea bunch of chords in it?

EDIT: I know that 7 chords doesn't sound as much as 20, but what i mean is there are 3 chord songs that can be better than 7 chord songs
Last edited by actaderock at Jul 16, 2009,
OH MY GOD. SEVEN CHORDS?

Jesus...

And uh, many jazz tunes have a lot of chord changes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
OH MY GOD. SEVEN CHORDS?

Jesus...

And uh, many jazz tunes have a lot of chord changes.

pretty much this
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
i have a book full of chords does that count?
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
go find a bok of jazz songs. most of them are hard-ish chords and have a lot as well
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Seven chords isn't a whole lot once you've played a lot of music.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
bohemian rhapsody has like... 24 chords.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
dont look back in anger has like 8 chords i think. and its a very easy and fun song to play, not to mention a ****ing excellent song.
Quote by Demon Wolf
bohemian rhapsody has like... 24 chords.

Heh, my friend said it had like, 70.
Still though, no song really needs that many. Unless it's jazz, then it's acceptable.
errm bohemian rhapsody, agreed. and hotel california has like 7
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Quote by JDZYX
Heh, my friend said it had like, 70.
Still though, no song really needs that many. Unless it's jazz, then it's acceptable.

i just checked a tab for it, it has 46 chords. madness.

in bohemian rhapsodys case, it is acceptable cause it is the best song ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
What is a chord?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The song Just by Radiohead was a competition between Thom and Jonny to write a song with as many chords they possibly could.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Many jazz songs do.
And they aren't simple chords, either.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I hate all songs with less than 4 chords though (too boring to play), but 7 chords is nothing special.

If you like ballads, you can try Scarlet Rose by Edguy: Am, F, C, G, Dm, Em, C/G, Eb5, C5, F5, Bb5, G5, G#5. 13 chords for you.
Quote by Poglia
I hate all songs with less than 4 chords though (too boring to play), but 7 chords is nothing special.

If you like ballads, you can try Scarlet Rose by Edguy: Am, F, C, G, Dm, Em, C/G, Eb5, C5, F5, Bb5, G5, G#5. 13 chords for you.

the scarecrow is a fecking awesome album.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Of the 4 songs I tabbed for UG, two had 8 chords, one had 11 chords and one had 16 chords.

I've never written a song of my own with less than 7 chords.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.