Page 1 of 2
So I had this idea to record a video of my band playing a song on the subway train. Basically what would happen is we'd board a semi crowded train right before one of those stops that's really far away giving us a good 7 or 8 minutes to play.

We'd have the vocalist and two guitarists playing acoustic guitars, and the drummer just hitting the floor or poles with his drum sticks for a ghetto beat that really just serves as a metronome. We'd play a very aggressive, original heavy metal song and have some of our friends record it.

Basically i thought it would be a good idea because folk and classic guitarists always come and play for change on the train so this would be a cool twist on that. We board the train and people assume we are going to play some acoustic duet and then we just blow their minds with some extreme tunes.

So what do ya think?
Good idea?
Any chance of us getting arrested?
You're going to get laughed at.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

We'd have the vocalist and two guitarists playing acoustic guitars, and the drummer just hitting the floor or poles with his drum sticks for a ghetto beat that really just serves as a metronome. We'd play a very aggressive, original heavy metal song and have some of our friends record it.

Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
So I had this idea to record a video of my band playing a song on the subway train. Basically what would happen is we'd board a semi crowded train right before one of those stops that's really far away giving us a good 7 or 8 minutes to play.

Basically i thought it would be a good idea because folk and classic guitarists always come and play for change on the train so this would be a cool twist on that. We board the train and people assume we are going to play some acoustic duet and then we just blow their minds with some extreme tunes.

So what do ya think?
Good idea?

Interesting idea, but videos would be mandatory!

I think that might happen if you get too loud or if some of those cranky old people are on board.

Young'ins don't know the meaning of good music.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 16, 2009,
Sounds original.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Holy crap that will be awesome! I think do it.

Do it a few times, get some real good shots. Then mix the best ones together blah de blah you know that stuff better than me probably...

About the sound quality though... you may have to do a better recording and put it over the video.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Well i don't know what's "homosexual" about it, or why it wont work. It's not like we expect the business people on the train to get into it. It will be a crowded train full of unsuspecting people getting their faces melted acoustically.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Well i don't know what's "homosexual" about it, or why it wont work. It's not like we expect the business people on the train to get into it. It will be a crowded train full of unsuspecting people getting their faces melted acoustically.

Metal is not a very popular genre, and since the train will be crowded, people not wanting to hear can't get away, and will be pissed off, getting you arrested most likely.
It's just that there won't be any cuts, and the video will be all shaky and low quality, with the loud noises of the train in the background. It just won't be good.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
We board the train and people assume we are going to play some acoustic duet and then we just blow their minds with some extreme tunes.

So what do ya think?

The only thing you'll be blowing is my dick.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

Dude you'd be pissing off a lot of people, not really the look you want when promoting your band in a video clip.

Quote by xMetalCoreKing

Quote by xmetalcorekingx

Quote by xmetalcorekingx

So what do ya think?
Good idea?

No
No
Yes
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Last edited by Dwight Schrute at Jul 16, 2009,
cool?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
nothing would piss me off more than coming home on the train after a long, arduous day of work, wanting nothing more than to head home and unwind, when these young ****ing posers with instruments come in and start banging on the walls and yelling.
You won't get arrested if you are good at running.

But film it and post it in The Pit for some lulz.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
You won't get arrested if you are good at running.

But film it and post it in The Pit for some lulz.

this..and someone tell me when he does
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
If theres any real metal fans on the train they're likely to beat you stupid for

A) Playing Metalcore
B) Making asses of yourselves

The idea is good, but you're better off doing it when you can have it set up properly. Depending where you live, people will probably just tell you to shut the **** up.
you gonna get on the crazy train? the nightrain? midnight train?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Well Rise Against sort of did so it, so yeh... Idk.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

So what do ya think?
Good idea?

I wasn't aware that an all acoustic metal song could be extreme.
Quote by King Krapp

maybe he means... extreme... extreme?

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
actually this seem like a preti kwl video u cud make except u shud get a group of like metal guys to get into the capartment ur guna play in and make them look all boring at first and when u start playin ur metal make thm pull over ther jackets and like hav them in sick metal sht well thats how id do it

cuz i reckon the ppl on the train will just get pissed off like most old ppl wud to that sorta music
Quote by Demon Wolf
you gonna get on the crazy train? the nightrain? midnight train?

I was in fact going to suggest they play Crazy Train as soon as I saw the title

Don't forget Sucker Train Blues.
Quote by shooterman
actually this seem like a preti kwl video u cud make except u shud get a group of like metal guys to get into the capartment ur guna play in and make them look all boring at first and when u start playin ur metal make thm pull over ther jackets and like hav them in sick metal sht well thats how id do it

cuz i reckon the ppl on the train will just get pissed off like most old ppl wud to that sorta music

Quote by shooterman

wat

Weren't you that guy who can't type in that other thread?
Quote by Ali-b912
If theres any real metal fans on the train they're likely to beat you stupid for

A) Playing Metalcore
B) Making asses of yourselves

The idea is good, but you're better off doing it when you can have it set up properly. Depending where you live, people will probably just tell you to shut the **** up.

No one ever said anything about metal core. It's going to be the farthest thing from metal core.
It's an interesting idea, but I don't think you want people telling you to STFU in a music video
If you fill the compartment with metalheads like some other guy suggested, and put a proper recording over the top, it could work. Maybe
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by shooterman

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

So what do ya think?
Good idea?

No, just no. I see this not being as good as you want it to be. Too much back ground noise, people will get annoyed, ghetto beat in a metal video???? Seriously?
"I don't claim you'll have a better time with Colt 45...but why take chances" - Billy Dee Williams
Quote by shooterman

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by J.Rodier
No, just no. I see this not being as good as you want it to be. Too much back ground noise, people will get annoyed, ghetto beat in a metal video???? Seriously?

I don't mean ghetto like he's gonna drop some 50 cent beats i mean ghetto as in he's going to be playing the drum line on like a bucket and metal railing.
Quote by King Krapp

this. especially with the - umm - ghetto beat.
Page 1 of 2