hey pit ive got a ton of stuff on my comp, like gobs and gobs of it and its kinda slowing it down. things like old videos and songs and programs etc, i know how to delete stuff but apparently it all stays on the hardrive and continues taking up space, i know a comp guy i can ask when im in town next(which could be a long time), but i dont know how hard it is. pit, could you explain it to me? or would it be best to wait for the computer nerd to explain? lol thanks a ton = D
when you delete stuff it doesn't actually get removed from your hard disk straight away - the computer just flags it up as space that can be used for other storage if it's needed.

Deleting things will help speed your comp up a bit, then run a full disk defrag and it'll speed up no end.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
when you delete stuff it doesn't actually get removed from your hard disk straight away - the computer just flags it up as space that can be used for other storage if it's needed.

Deleting things will help speed your comp up a bit, then run a full disk defrag and it'll speed up no end.

ok that first bit is basically what i thought(knew it wasnt gone for good lol)

so the defrag would get rid of of this "flagged space" so that its gone for good?
Ah yes, the gob. I remember when those internet bastards dropped the "o" and invented gigabytes.
Computer slowing down is not a result of your hard drive being filled with programs and files. It's a result of you getting malware, having crappy or unnecessary programs opened that take up too much resource, and a disoriented registry.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana