Page 3 of 10
Dude that's sick. When your done every thing and you put the strings on you should record a demo of it! I'd dl that!
UG members who have my respect:
-moshimoshi
-PlasticChair123

UG members who are homeless clowns:
-?øXÍÇÍ?¥
-Kirkommlete

It's my opinion. Don't like it? You're wrong.
Originally posted by Zombat
Thank you everyone!

well you're the first to mention it ...

I decided to go with a fusion of the strat and sg style of spraying because I couldn't decide on either one. I'm kicking myself for sealing the wood first, as the sealer unexpectedly did some weird things to the way the stain collected.

hate to say i told you so
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Thats cool looking... kinda weirds but cool looking
Originally Posted By RedTears
I soldered my penis to my guitar

President of the Adopt a Newb Foundation
PM me to join
monkey - two Gibson burstbuckers, one for bridge, one for the neck position.

Cmogi - hehe, indeed. It still looks fine though, just a couple small things

Gelroy - Exactly what I was going for

I decided to darken the body a little more, and making the bevels a llittle more obvious.

I put on like 20 coats of laquer today!!!

Tomorrow I sand out the grain that still shows, and if needed, spray again. I'm sure you're all dying for images:

Front

Back

Angled

Neck

Reeel smooove

one of three 'whups'

This is so awesome
i think i speak for all of us when i say

:drool: *Faints* thats sexy!!
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
That looks great. What kind of laquer are you using?
Looking to renounce your freedom? Vote Republicrat.

www.lp.org
Wow...

Now you just have to smooth it off and clear-coat it...
UG Columnist
Go HERE to get educated

UG Schecter Fan Club. Member #1.5
Goddamn! Thats a piece of art. Thats one hell of a guitar. So what kind of logo are you going to put on it?
dude...that pedal makes me want to curb stomp babies and eat your face.
Damn sweet man i can't believe its your first time nothing but a masterpiece youll definately have to put up some music-)
Keen On Disco
dam thats nice, im soooooo jealous
"kill em all and let god sort them out"

and then he did
That...

Is...

SO...

Sexy.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
that looks incredible but what are you going to do about that hole?

www.lp.org
Originally posted by chrisb0109
that looks incredible but what are you going to do about that hole?

I'm going to leave it, it builds character, I think.

A tribe of native american indians always used to put one mistake in anything they ever made, because they felt that perfection could only be done by the gods, and in perfecting something material, you're challenging the gods' power. Interesting, no?

I found some drips and little things that I'm going to sand out. Tomorrow I sand it once again with nothing lower than 320 grit sandpaper to get any of the last little problems (dust, drips) then I'll apply one final coat of lacquer. Then I'll let it dry for a week, and move onto electronics (sheilding, installation, soldering)

I'm so so excited ... flipping out to be exact
Originally posted by Zombat
I'm going to leave it, it builds character, I think.

A tribe of native american indians always used to put one mistake in anything they ever made, because they felt that perfection could only be done by the gods, and in perfecting something material, you're challenging the gods' power. Interesting, no?

I found some drips and little things that I'm going to sand out. Tomorrow I sand it once again with nothing lower than 320 grit sandpaper to get any of the last little problems (dust, drips) then I'll apply one final coat of lacquer. Then I'll let it dry for a week, and move onto electronics (sheilding, installation, soldering)

I'm so so excited ... flipping out to be exact

If I may offer a little advice on the sanding, I wouldn't use sandpaper as low as 320. I would get as close to 1000 as you can. Sure it will take a hell of alot longer to sand out the inperfections, but if you use course sandpaper, you could make gouges that will be very difficult to get out.

In my opinion is is much better to sand for a long time with fine paper than to gouge up the finish with coarse paper then have to smooth the whole thing out again to fix that.

In the long run it will leave you sanding less time actually.

It is looking incredible. You should go here www.mimf.com

It is a musical instrument making forum which I have found to be very helpful. Although this place is great, the average member is no Luthier. This place has had quite a few member to be known custom guitar makers.

I have found it to be quite helpfull is explaining how and what to do. Plus it is great to show of an amazing guitar to someone who knows first hand the time and effort that has gone into it.

www.lp.org
Thanks for the link!

I used 220 and 320 for the first coat of lacquer and it worked fine. 220 for the back and front, and 320 for everywhere after that. It worked fine. The piece of 320 that I have doesn't sand away that much or leave deep gouges. The whole sanding of the guitar after the first coat took about 2 hours to do, 1:20 was because the 320 was so fine.

I'm going to use 320 on the second coat, and then after that I'll use nothing lower than 800 on the final coat before buffing ... this is what my art teacher told me - he was a boat-builder before he became a teacher.

We'll see what happens.
That thing looks wicked man good job!
My Rig:

Peavey Wolfgang Standard Dark Cherryburst
Fender Sidekick Reverb 20
Morley Bad Horsie II Contour Wah
Boss SD-1 SuperOverdrive
Ibanez Power Lead
wow. amazing, freakin amazing zombat. you have a career in front of you. maybe send that design to someone, see if they might think about mass producing it. seriously, its a differant style, unlike stream or chris'(no offence, i mean that yours is a style thats been done, yknow, RG styled and schecter styled) and maybe, just maybe theyll go for it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
kool, BUT SAW OFF AT THE 15 FRET ON THE TOP PART OF THE GUITAR THAT GOES OUT_ it goes to far and its killing me! how are you going to reach high frets with a pole in your way?? okay, you can still play, but it dun look as good, but awesome finish - love the guitar
INTERVIEW WITH ALEXI LAIHO:
"...Somebody gives you 100 euro. What do you buy with it?
-Alcohol and prostitute
...What do you have in your pockets right now?
-100 euro"
Last edited by ebashnitzil at Aug 4, 2004,
I think you need to make a pickguard, similar to an SG pickguard but flowing with the guitars curves.
Originally posted by ChurchNSkate
wow. amazing, freakin amazing zombat. you have a career in front of you. maybe send that design to someone, see if they might think about mass producing it. seriously, its a differant style, unlike stream or chris'(no offence, i mean that yours is a style thats been done, yknow, RG styled and schecter styled) and maybe, just maybe theyll go for it.

I've been thinking about that I've got like, 6 other designs that are just as unique and making a guitar is FUN. I have to get through college first

Ebashinitzl - I like the horn ... and you can actuallly play with the horn there ... believe it or not it doesn't get in the way at all, physically or visually.

ihatenames - meh, I'm not a fan of pickguards on stained, bursted wood.

Small update:

Bad news ... I sprayed once more, only the coat was really really foggy. Turns out the air compressor had water in it because its been so humid ...

Most of the 'milk' went away, but today I rubbed most of it off with some compound. The only problem is that its not as clear and polished as the coat was normally. I've gotta polish it, or even sand off the coat and do it again. however, I don't have acess to spraying equipment anymore, so I'm going to have to take it to a professional if I want another coat

I'm going to try buffing it when I get home, hopefully that'll put the clear sheen back into it.

So close to being done ...
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
wow... just... wow.... orgasma-****ing-tastic. omg.. dude.. wow.

Well said..........*bows to zombat*
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
zombat...you have just made a masterpiece....cool looking guitar and good luck in finishing it *hails zombat*
damnn, are you sure you havnt done this before?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Thats absolutely beautiful man, its not even my style of guitar.

You should get gold knobs though.
this guy has set a good example for all newbies on UG. but seriously, i would take that over stream's strat any day. maybe even cmogi's too....................

THREE CHEERS FOR ZOMBAT!
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's a known fact that 100% of people that sell their Telecasters, die.
This is the best five string guitar I've ever seen.

Does the guitar have two inputs, or am I just seeing some relfection on the side of it? (Near the input switch)

Also, will it need string trees, or is there enough of an angle in the headstock?

EDIT:
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Last edited by TGM at Aug 10, 2004,