Page 5 of 10
Actually, I've already used a dremmel that went through the lacquer and halfway into the veneer to inscribe 'zombat' into the headstock. It doesn't look too sweet right now, but I'm going to re-lacquer those parts again - so it looks like its been inlaid, because it got through the staining.
quick update: Possibly figured out the wiring problem. Today I took the whole thing apart and found some areas where the sheilding was touching the main lines, as well as some inconsistencies with corret pickup-to-switch-to-pot things.

So! With that in mind, I'm headed out to radio shack tomorrow to see if I can find some color-coded, sheilded coaxial cable (as I intend on completely rewiring/replacing my crappy first couple jobs. Today I simply took everything out, scraped out the pasted-in aluminum foil sheilding, and replaced that with shielding tape. Dremeled out some areas that needed more room ... If all goes well I'm going to try and wire it completely tomorrow, and with any luck, I'll be recording something for y'all to hear
Come on Zombat! Your last post was 6 days ago. Whats going on? ( Not trying to sound rude, just curious)
All in all its just another brick in the Wall.
I dont want to upset you or anything but he probably has a life outside of ultimate guitar. Maybe even including school college or work. :O
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Originally posted by headbanger420
Come on Zombat! Your last post was 6 days ago. Whats going on? ( Not trying to sound rude, just curious)

he doesn't come on very often. He'll update when he has something to say.
Looking to renounce your freedom? Vote Republicrat.

www.lp.org
well This weekend (4-5 days) I had fall break from Art College, so I was resting at home (6 hours away from my guitar) for the past couple days. I did try to find some correct wire for the guitar but was unsucessfull. So i caved in and bought it off stewmac. It should arrive around thursday or friday. Up untill that point I'm fitting the output jack plate thingy. I'll take pictures then.

Thanks a ton for your interest, and everyone's support!

I can't wait to finish this and get it working. Once that happens my roommate is going to have me make him a bass guitar. After that I'm going to try a hollow-body like Trey Anastasio's guitar with the money I make off of my roommate.

Sorry to keep yeh waiting
Dont apoligse for having a life from posting. I wish you the very best of luck with the rest of the project and i canny wait to hear some samples.
SDMF#UG006

Originally posted by HateEternal
Dont drop the soap

AUUUUUUGHHH!H!!! this is ****in' awesome! holy ****!!! aaahahahhah this is great!!!

I wired it up this afternoon, and it finally works!!! This is incredible!!! oh it sounds so good ... the classic gibson sound and absolutely no static!!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

more updates on the way tonight!!! !!! !!! !!!
Holy crap guy this is a nice guitar! good job finally wiring it, i like the stain/finish or watever you like to call it... i'm pretty sure it's a stain...
OMG get some sound clips up man, then multiple orgasm over it lol...
Member #4 of the Black Tooth Grin Dimebag Memorial Club. Pm Narmi to join.
#112 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
wow man thats great really great, i like the unique body shape
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Sound clips, pictures and oral sex whenever your ready please
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Congratulations... that is a really cool looking model. Screams original. Also I'd like to see how the roommate's bass project goes. a 100% custom bass with a design as cool as this one's should be sweet!
haha
Originally posted by MetalUpTheAss
Congratulations... that is a really cool looking model. Screams original. Also I'd like to see how the roommate's bass project goes. a 100% custom bass with a design as cool as this one's should be sweet!

Once my guitar is 100% finished (its at about 95%) I'm going to start on his, and of course, start a new topic. Like so many people he wants a design similar to pre-exisisting guitars, but It should be unique enough. If you're curious, the bass is going to be ...

A four-string fretless bass. Mahogany body with a thru-body mahogany neck an ebony fretboard, perhaps with mahogany or maple inlay to indicate fret position (5, 9, 12 maybe) It will strongly resemble a Thunderbird bass only with a more reddish burst (similar to my own) and a reversed body along with a couple other unique features/headstock/pickguard. will probably go up to about 24 frets, so it can be dropped a whole step down on each string. Pickups will probably be two humbuckers with a single universal tone control and a volume pot for each pickup. I'll start the topic when I buy the wood.

Sorry for the lack of sound file. I've been particularly busy, and I still need a high E string as one of my roommates accidentally used it in his sculpture project and on top of that I need to increase the tension of the springs on the tremolo cavity. One problem, is that the screws for the claw are kinda stripped (foolish, foolish me. Live and learn) so I have to pull those out, buy new screws, re-screw the claw and THEN I'll put a recording online.

I'm also having a couple very minor electrical problems which I'll deal with along with everything else this weekend. (short circuts in the pot cavity - nothing a little shrink-tubing can't handle)

Thank you for all the complemetns everyone!! Almost there!
Zombat your guitar is awesome! It looks like a Paul Stanley Sovereign Special Mixed with an ESP F Series.
Swing on a spiral of our divinity and still be a human.
DUDE GREAT GUITAR! When I first saw the design it looked like a shred guitar and it would prolly look good in solid black but now that I have seen the rest you went with a more classis look. COOL!!

I wish I could make one Ill seen In Highschool if they have shop may be I can figure something out. I can make a guitar but It would look like something from junkyard wars. Wen I make one Ill probably make it look like Jame's Hetfielfs Ken Lawrence Explorer and If I make one its better if your with some one that already done a guitar before.

Keep that bass guitar comming Btw is this guitar 5 string??
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
Originally posted by M3T4L69

Keep that bass guitar comming Btw is this guitar 5 string??

No.
i think you should make some and sell em on ebay. I'd def buy one. The "thing" is beautiful. im dieing to hear the sound. In the words of great Napolean Dynamite ------GOSH
I think that this guitar is amazing and hats off to you for having the patience of building one. When the Final Pictures and Sound Demos are up... woah...

your a dude.
tylerishot - eat me lol
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
that looks cooool! weird, but very good. the bottom kinda reminds me of an Ibanez IC400 (picture below) its not that similar but as soon as i saw your guitar i thought it looked like it
Started to work on finishing this once and for all. I bought myself a bone saddle to which I sanded down to a nut to fit the body. Notched the nut with some old acoustic strings (Don't bother getting those expensive files, just use an old string held reasonably taught between two vices - works fine) and put some strings on the beast. Heard it fully with all the strings for the first time ... lovely.

Then it caught the afternooon sunlight just right, so I took a photo or three. Though they don't do it justice, I thought you'd like to see it while I finish up the electronics and covers before its complete:

Originally posted by josephde
speechless

He said it, can you get some shots of the whole thing please ...
absolutely adorable.
This guitar is too sexy ... it makes me wanting to build one, too :p
Sick dude....sick
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Goodness, that looks great. It looks like an evolved SG body or something. Congrats on the successful creation; it's definitely yummy eye candy.
( infinite )
Looks amazing.

Great work.
Looking to renounce your freedom? Vote Republicrat.

www.lp.org
Looks good.

Almost good enough to make me put down my acoustic stuff long enough to do an electric...

Almost.
Not taking any online orders.
You might have already said it but Where did you find your slab of Mahogany for this bad boy? and What were the dimensions before you started everything?

Still thinking about starting an electric... But I really don't have the time... and it's all your fault... Darn you.
Thanks all!

Able: Tomorrow, under better life

Corduroy: hehe. I got the mahogany at a local wood shop, a large board that I split with my woodworking teacher - 2" thick, 18" wide, I think, and about 4 feet long. Cut it down with a chop-saw. I have no idea what acoustic building is like ... yet, but electric is a lot of fun, especially if you like carving wood. Do it! make an electric
I want it I want it I want it.

Great work, it looks stunning. You and chris are making me want to build my own guitar.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I wish you could have had pictures of the woods before they were cut.

Anyway, Good job, good thing you didnt choose the SG Supreme finish and ruin it. That finish fits it perfectly.

Is that a hole in the body? Is it just a pit in the wood?
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Last edited by acdc101 at Dec 28, 2004,