I don't know if anyone else has brought this topic up but on UG, but just listen to this (the song Sonnenbrillengestell by a German band called Wohlstandskinder)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr1AfObw5fI
The opening seriously resembles The YtseJam by Dream Theater.
This German band was formed in 1995.
Looks like we know who started the Coldplay Flu!
Last edited by edgarvanburen at Jul 16, 2009,
Ytse jam isn't as deep or complex in sound that it wont' coincidentally be written by someone else as well.

Same goes for Coldplay vs Satch.

Now if someone used exactly the same time signature sequence as Dance of eternity, then we got something to really debate about.

A year before thie came out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7mQp7oAjm4&feature=PlayList&p=E31D733277AC16C2&index=6

I wrote exactly the same clean riff, I felt ripped off as well, but **** like that happens. (albeit this being a riff that is more subtle to coincidental recreation).

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 24, 2009,
This song is way more similar to ytse jam than viva la vida was to if i could fly. a much clearer case here. Not everyday will you see an idea similar to that harmonic minor based riff frm the intro of ytse jam (notice that the riff in question by wohlstandskinder is also in d harmonic minor.. can you believe this... they even stole the key!!!!!), especially when its a long phrase compared to the matter of the melody in the satch vs cplay which was a simple major scale phrase; the intervals coinciding could have been a coincidence. (Not taking anyone's side there)

Quote by xxdarrenxx
Ytse jam isn't as deep or complex in sound that it wont' coincidentally be written by someone else as well.

if you mean to say the song (inclusive of the starting riff, viz. the bone of contention here) is not unique, then whatever. IMO, hardly any of DT's songs are common enough to be coincidentally written by another band and you're talking about The YtseJam here, come on!
Last edited by edgarvanburen at Jul 25, 2009,