I've been set on getting the Line 6 Delay modeler for months, as soon as i saved up enough money, but now when i'm just about to buy it, i stumble across another pedal that spiked my interest. The Seymour Duncan Deja-vu.. this looks and sounds like a great pedal, does anyone have experience with this it? and can advise me a bit?
There is no best delay pedal. If you want some of the top ones, look into these (although I doubt you know what you're getting into ):
Empress Superdelay
Skreddy Echo
Diamond Memory Lane 2

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Wampler Analog Echo is the best I've heard for analog tones
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
dr pain is right there is no best delay it really depends on the tone your looking for. me i use a dl-4 and love it, but i use alot of different delays from analog to digital with mods. so id say go to a shop and just try out as many as possible and tweak till you find your sound
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Lol .. probably should have picked another title.. :p.. ok ok i'm not looking for the worlds best delay pedal . .i'm looking for a really cool and versatile delay pedal within the budget of those 2 pedals i wrote about .. :P but again.. does anyone know about the Seymour duncan deja vu?
Hmmm

Consider the Tone Czar Echoczar

It ain't cheap $725.

I use the SubDecay Echobox, fairly versatile.

The Empress Superdelay is probably one of the most versatile delays out there with everything including the kitchen sink.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 16, 2009,
Sorry dude, but there is no 'best' delay pedal. Would you like an analog delay or digital?

Edit: Just noticed you made a reply about the 'best' bit, sorry dude
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Last edited by LifesSweetDrug at Jul 16, 2009,

Na just kidding. Unless you have 1200$ in which case I'm not.

First thing you have to look at with delay pedals is whether you prefer analogue or digital delay. There are advantages and disadvantages that come with each, but the quick summary is that analogue sounds warmer and more like natural echo, whereas digital replicates your sound truly and has more features (reverse delay, long delay etc.). Some good analogue and digital delays to look into once you've decided:

Digital:
>Boss DD-3/DD-7
>T.C ELectronic Delay

Analogue
>MXR Carbon Copy
>Vox Time Machine
I finally tweaked my DD-3 to get the delay I've wanted.

So my vote goes to a Boss DD-3 or a MXR Carbon Copy, which is very nice.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by madh4ttr
Carbon copy sux, don't get that

No, it doesn't. I love it
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Well, that's the most compelling argument I've ever heard.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
CC is a piece of crap. Got one at GC, had it for an hour, stopped working. Got another, had if for about 9 days, got to where the sound was somewhat sterile to my ears, then, it started to crap out, then work again, then crap out and so on. To make a long story short, dude at GC said it has been an issue with some of these pedals. Regardless, it is WAYYYY overhyped on UG. Makes no difference, everybody has their own tastes.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
CC is a piece of crap. Got one at GC, had it for an hour, stopped working. Got another, had if for about 9 days, got to where the sound was somewhat sterile to my ears, then, it started to crap out, then work again, then crap out and so on. To make a long story short, dude at GC said it has been an issue with some of these pedals. Regardless, it is WAYYYY overhyped on UG. Makes no difference, everybody has their own tastes.

You have a fair enough point about personal tastes, and you have a reason to hate it. So fair enough
Fender American Strat
-
-