Now I have separate funds to save up for a new guitar and possibly a cheap tube practice amp. Anyway, (and saving you from a long, tl;dr-worthy story) I have 200 dollars that I don't want to save. For personal reasons.

I don't need to spend all 200 but I just want to buy something decent. Any good pedal or something to recommend?

SIDENOTE (that has nothing to do with said 200 dollars):

http://music-gifts.musiciansfriend.com/product/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen-Low-Top-Shoes?sku=477153

What you think of these shoes? I'm surprised, I never see people wearing them. Is it too clique to wear these or something?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Jul 16, 2009,
The shoes I don't like, if it wasn't titled I wouldn't think it was deliberately linked to EVH. Doesn't look quite right.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
who would really want to wear shoes that support a musician? that's what t-shirts are for.

It isn't so much as me supporting EVH as me needing new shoes and liking the style and design. I was just wondering if these are popular shoes and stuff because I don't want to comfort to some EVH-Shoe-Wearing group.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
It isn't so much as me supporting EVH as me needing new shoes and liking the style and design. I was just wondering if these are popular shoes and stuff because I don't want to comfort to some EVH-Shoe-Wearing group.

the red shoes are better cause they look more like the guitar. on a side note, if I was getting new shoes I'd definitely get the iron maiden vans ones, they look awesome
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.
Score some crack to smoke while you're playing guitar.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Buy alcohol and throw a party.
It's what I'm going to do. Suddenly all sorts of people are starting to like me... Strange...
The shoes are pretty good, surprisingly.

Anyway, I suggest spending all $200 on bacon.
Quote by SmarterChild

Then make a BLT Sammich.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Ylasto
Screw pedals, buy a hooker.

Buy a hooker, screw hooker?

Maybe invest in a POD?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Jul 16, 2009,
Buy $200's worth of UG shares.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Put it in a High intrest account while you think, then when you decide, you'll have more for later.

also, i like the M&M's idea, that would make my day, an entire guitar, filled with M&M's? Can You Imagine that!
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
digitech whammy, albeit used
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Quote by SmarterChild

Do this.

Then with the bacon, do this:

and enjoy.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
If I had $200 lying around, I'd wonder why I had $200 in my house, then change it to £.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
If I had $200 lying around, I'd wonder why I had $200 in my house, then change it to £.

+1
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
im getting another guitar and amp w/ my next tax return money. i got 800 last year, so im guessing ill get AT LEAST that. TS should do the same.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
This and This.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
blues junior is a pretty good cheap tube amp if you have distortion effects to run through it...

don't expect distortion from it though

guitars?
under 200?

Yuck.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Why would you buy them when you can get some badass Adidas Campus Suede?
Last edited by Horlicks at Jul 16, 2009,
You can get 2 $100 dollar hookers. Or better yet, you can get 20 $10 dollar hookers.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
You can get 2 $100 dollar hookers. Or better yet, you can get 20 $10 dollar hookers.

Or you can buy all the Futurama DVDs and steal quotes from them.
What is your guitar/amp status right now? If both are pretty decent, I'd buy a good pedal and some cd's. If either one is ****, spend $50 to sate your GAS and save the rest for gear you can grow with.
Quote by King Krapp
Or you can buy all the Futurama DVDs and steal quotes from them.

or you can steal a Family guy quote and say it was a Futurama quote
Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

This

I'm even tempted to do it myself
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Put it in a High intrest account while you think, then when you decide, you'll have more for later.

also, i like the M&M's idea, that would make my day, an entire guitar, filled with M&M's? Can You Imagine that!

Until he just flips the guitar over and empties it, but it would be awesome while it lasts.