I been learning on acoustic for 3 months now and i am in the market for an electric guiatr, hoping i could get some ideas of what to look for. Also if u can recomend any guitars which give good sound and good for beginers?

thaNKS
Ok first off.

Budget?
Music Style?
Any preferences in guitar? (Sound shape look etc)
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i would say first - budget? since that'll determine the quality you can afford (by and large you get what you pay for under about £500) Second - musical style - no point getting a spiky looking ibanez/dean if you are planning on playing reggae.

i don't imaine you'd have much idea of what guitars sound like so that is what you need advice on. Finally looks should play a minimal part, if you're getting a first guitar chances are it'll be a fairly 'standard' type so looks won't vary too much
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by Guitar2theface
Ok first off.

Budget?
Music Style?
Any preferences in guitar? (Sound shape look etc)

this as well as knowing if your budget is split up between guitar and amp or for just guitar alone.
Not alot of info here, but go used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
about $800 for amp and guitar?

and just learning but wanna get into like indie/rock/blues
^ what's the heaviest rock you'll be playing? I'm guessing this is only for home practice- or are you planning on joining a band later?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
definatly look into a used mim fender strat...ive got one and will probably get another soon,as for amp, look into a used peavey classic 30 meybe? a tube amp will def sound way better than a ss,and it will take pedals better
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ what's the heaviest rock you'll be playing? I'm guessing this is only for home practice- or are you planning on joining a band later?

well home practice for now but once get good enough wanan join a band....but nothing heaps heavy@
any examples of bands/guitarists whose tones you want to be able to get close to? it's just there are so many different types of rock tones that it helps if ew can narrow it down a bit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you know that you are going to keep going and play guitar for ages then go for something high quality coz then you wont need to spend money on a cheap guitar as well as a good guitar. where you could cut out the crap guitar.
line 6 spiders are pretty good and you can get any range of sounds through just about any guitar. but if your starting off with electric just start with a squier or epiphone maybe. IMO. good luck
im a huge fan of the who but as for bands i wanan sound like well more modern bands i like atm are artic monkeys, kasabian, rise against
Quote by azn_guitarist25
wait so that's $800aud for your budget right?

yeah it is sorry should of been mroe specific when i started this thread sorry
epi lp and valve junior if you live in Melbourne and you get a good worker at cranbourne music (i went with a mate and this bald dude helped us out on a deal) i cant remember exactly the price but i think he only ended up paying half price on amp

Be aware some of them are asses though
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by dukeofmetal
epi lp and valve junior if you live in Melbourne and you get a good worker at cranbourne music (i went with a mate and this bald dude helped us out on a deal) i cant remember exactly the price but i think he only ended up paying half price on amp

Be aware some of them are asses though

im in adelaide man but thanks for ya help mate ill look into it
np but if you take any advice away from this thread let it be not to buy a starter pack like me and many others did
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
personally i'd avoid starter packs if at all possible. you can generally do better separately.

Rise against has quite a modern tone, doesn't it? I'd consider something like a yamaha pacifica 112v and a vox valvetronix or roland cube 30, assuming that's available and under budget in australia.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A guitar that seems to suit all begginers no matter what genre they play is a fender EG39-SV or gibson les paul.
les paul suits all beginners?

id say an HSS strat is your best bet for covering the most genres succesfully
just put the amp on lay by for now just need to pick out a guitar, couple of friends reccomended tht amp too,
"and rememver those who get hamemred....dont get to nail"