EDIT: we just released a new EP - check it out in the last post in this thread!

OLD POST:

Hi guys,

So our band Tear It Down has just recorded a new CD Blood To Glory. I would like to hear some opinions. You can check us out at our website www.bandzone.cz/tearitdown - there are three tracks from the total of ten.

If you like us, you can also check out our fans group at Facebook

Please write some critique. Thanx a lot!

P.S.: If you wan't to help us out with promoting our band and you wan't to promote your's we can change links or something.
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
Last edited by Kiwara at Mar 9, 2011,
Hey there,

Just listening through your tracks-

Blood to Glory - Love the vocals which is rare for me with metal, i'm pretty fussy but they really remind me of Insomnium- the little sweep at 1:09 seems a little bit pointless- i think a break there would add to the song more- it seems a little bit showoffy and like it doesnt work as part of the riff. The tapping section at the start of the bridge is really cool- the clean vocal section "every day we are spilling our blood" works really as well- good for a singalong section- maybe when your playing it live the guitarists could keep singing it as the growling comes back in?

Sold My Soul - the verse riff feels like it could be harmonised pretty well to get a bit of a fuller sound out of it (maybe if its even only every other repetition or something) Loving the solo over the clean chords- sounds like if you sped up an Opeth solo or something hehe. Really like the chorus riff on this one, and it's a good length as well.

Lords of Chaos - love the rhythm of the breakdown around 50 seconds, absolutely sick! the section around 2:24 really reminds me of the haunted or something like when they do their slower breakdowns, and thats a good thing feel sorry for your drummer having to keep that double bass going under that solo for so long haha! its nice you gave the drummer a good opportunity to show off with that little drum solo bit as well, i recently put one of those in one of my bands new tracks cause i don't think our drummer gets to show off enough! Really glad that breakdown came back in again at the end- one thing i was thinking though it would be cool if at the end that breakdown went on for like twice as long- but the second time round with some harmonisation over it?

The only thing i didn't like about these tracks was the singer saying "lords of chaos" at the end, sounded very cheesey haha

whereabouts did you record this? the quality is really good!

xx matt

crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1123313
Check out my band! The Afterparty on Facebook
Thanx very much! It took us almost a years work I feel that overall you rather like it? Thats great... Better then money I'm looking at your's right away.

1. Blood To Glory - That part with the little sweep - we just wanted to break the structure of the song a little, so it doesn't let you fall a sleep

2. Sold My Soul - Yeah maybe you're right. We tried to keep it simple on this one. It is our bang in the face. Short. Heavy. Most of our fans like this one the most... I'm starting to hate it :-D

3. Lords - I'm an old black fan, so I like this song the most. And I see you like it too And that is how it should be :-D

Keep on rocking, thanks friend

George
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Last edited by Kiwara at Jul 16, 2009,

whereabouts did you record this? the quality is really good!

And yeah, sorry - we recorded it in a proffesional studio near Žďár nad Sázavou (a bigger town in the Czech Republic).
It cost us some money but I think it was worth it.
The production could be still a little better, but we didn't have enough cash to play with all the details, we had only money for a few days of recording. The whole album has 10 songs, and we had just 4 days to record, mix and master it.
The guy from the studio helped us a lot with some of his ideas. We even let him play the bass under the solo of Sold My Soul as a special guest He was a very friendly guy

i think its a pretty decent recording man, you can hear everythng really nice and clear and crisp- did you record using amps or like plugins + pods? where can i hear the rest of the tracks! :-)

xx matt
Adam, our second guitarist was using an amp and a mic. I recorded some stuff through an amp, and some stuff through the PC. The bass was done amp + mic too. It's because I liked the sound through the pc stuff more... I use a Peavey ValveKing VH100. It's ok live, but it sounded ****ty in the studio... There I was using my Peavey on the feedbacks and cleans. And for the dist I was plugged into the PC with some Mesa/Boogie emulator

I'm working on some money for a new amp... But I'm still a student and here in CZR all stuff is so expensive.

Well. You can't here the rest on the internet yet. The CD will be out in August 8th. We wan't people that will go to the release concert and buy the CD to hear it first. But it will probably be on our web before the end of august. Maybe I could send you some tracks via mail or something, so you can critisise the rest ?

yeah that'd be cool man, i'll send a message to your profile with my e-mail in!

xx matt
Hi guys, been a while since my last post here.

We have just recorded our second album - a three track EP Perverse Enamel Of Society, and I would like your opinions on the music, sound. We have changed a lot during the two years of existence.

Check it out at my profile here at UG - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Kiwara/music/

I recommend to listen in the EP order (Heartless Creatures, Could You Tell Me?, Preacher).
I am looking forward to your opinions!

If you like it - feel free to download and spread from our official website Tear It Down profile! Or from 2shared (MP3s and cover-art in a ZIP archive - here )

Here is some info:

Tear It Down
Line-up: Mick Vanek (dr), Martin Matouch (v), Jiri Cisek (g), Adam Slavik (g), Radim Vladek (b)

Releases: Blood To Glory (2009), Perverse Enamel Of Society (EP, 2011)