Recently I started using 12's. They were great until I had to tune to standard for the band. The bridge on my yamaha pacifica is raised, as if I were pushing the tremolo. In the band we use both standard and half step down, and my problem makes tuning very time consuming, as strings will not stay in tune. Any solutiouns?

Thanks!
Chris
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
get another guitar :P
"A love pirate ? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that ?"
Do you use the tremolo? If you don't you can turn the springs very tight, so it just get's locked. You could even put a piece of wood in the back cavity to block it entirely
Hipshots.

There very expensive, but very cool. There extra "machine heads" or "tuning heads" you install on your guitar, with little gears that allow you to switch tunings with a flip of the head.

You other option, of course, is to get another guitar.

Ethier way, your going to be spending some money.

My decsion would be to get your bass player to get a 5 string bass and tune it standard, and for you to invest in a 7 string guitar.

This way you get those deep lows without ever having to tune down, you just gotta get use to having that extra string.
Quote by basilbrush
Do you use the tremolo? If you don't you can turn the springs very tight, so it just get's locked. You could even put a piece of wood in the back cavity to block it entirely

Cheers, I don't use it away :P
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Just buy a Tremsetter or Tremol-No. It allows you to lock and unlock the bridge so you can lock while you tune and unlock if you need to use the bar.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.