A buddy of mine is offering to sell me a 1986 Ovation Celebrity CC67 for $120. As I know nothing about Ovation guitars and its not easy to find good information about this one I wanted to ask the community. Is it worth $120? All I know is it has a pickup for playing out of an amp. Any input?
My band's guitarist has an Ovation and it's really nice. I don't think $120 is expensive for one. You should really play it though. The rounded body isn't for everyone.
It also sounds really good through an amp. No sound shaping at all.
i used to have a celebrity ovation, and uless it was plugged into an amp it sounded rubish, it just sounded dull. but i cant remember what model it was it may have just been a cheap one
It's a good deal, elderly sold a 80's cc67 for $170 so, $120 is a nice deal however like obeythepenguin said, they sound horrible when played unplugged, so if you are gonna get it, make sure to get a nice acoustic amp.
Agreed with comments above. It's relatively cheap, yes, but if you don't like it then what's the point, right?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The price is good. But will you like it? Try it and see. They are not bad unplugged, but they are superb plugged in.

BTW: I love Ovations!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
So I ended up getting the guitar. It was an interesting situation. I have 2 Boss RC-2 loop pedals and my friend wanted to buy one of them. So I sold him the one I bought on ebay and basically got this guitar for free. So why not? A free guitar and 1 more to add to the collection. I love the idea of owning lots of guitars so I can get a good personal feeling of every one of them.

But anyway as far as sound goes I think it sounds pretty good right now. Unplugged or plugged into my non-acoustic Peavey amp. Granted it has brand new strings on it but I am happy with it. Cant go wrong with a free guitar. Thanks for all the input I really appreciate it!