Hey, I have been a marshall guy for awhile, but I need another amp to get a better clean sound and I have been trying out amps for awhile and fender seems to be high quality.

I need a reccomendation on the best fender combo to get for deep warm cleans and also able to handle a load of distortion and effects, I've been looking at the 59 bassman reissue, I also found a great pdf on how to mod that to be even more like the original, any suggestions appreciated. thanks
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
^ Deep and warm? I wouldn't really say either about the Twin Reverb, nice cleans but not deep or warm. I think you are on the right track with the Bassman. Look for deals on CL, I got a Silverface Bassman 100 for $200...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Any Fender tube amp will do you, in my experience. If you're gonna run an A/B with the Marshall. Sure you may not be a cheap-skate and get a Hot-Rod model (though good/great for the <1000$ market) but a Twin Reverb, and pretty much anything vintage Fender, will kick a hell load of ass for cleans and light to even mid distortions.

I would also recommend the Super-Sonic, I love the tone it gives off and doesn't sound like a typical fender amp (IMO). Its' like if a family had a bunch of kids, and they all had their moms brown eyes except one kid who had the dads' green eyes. Its' still a Fender amp, but it doesn't quite sound so typical.
Quote by tubetime86
^ Deep and warm? I wouldn't really say either about the Twin Reverb, nice cleans but not deep or warm. I think you are on the right track with the Bassman. Look for deals on CL, I got a Silverface Bassman 100 for $200...

I'd say wither the Bassman or a Vibrolux.

Both are Fender's warmest offers, to my ears.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I'd say wither the Bassman or a Vibrolux.

Both are Fender's warmest offers, to my ears.

Never heard a vibrolux, but Bassmen(?) are definitely much warmer than the Twins/Supers/Deluxes that I've heard. The Bassman just has such a scooped sound, that it comes out very smooth, and light. Funny that the design of these inspired Marshall's which couldn't be more the opposite. But I guess the original JTM-45 probably wasn't the typical Marshall sound yet, I'm not sure I haven't played one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by pak1351
how much money do you have?

$1500 but any reccomendation is great because I can find alot of good deals on craigslist.
The only real thing Marshall was 'inspired' by was the Bassman, in which they took the circuit and essentially slapped their name on it and called it the Plexi. (This is as far as I know)
Quote by DirtyDeeds
$1500 but any reccomendation is great because I can find alot of good deals on craigslist.

Give a supersonic a try. I've seen it do really blue sounding tones, to pretty mellow and warm, to bright and shiny. (all in the EQ and guitar choice). Good selection of gain, as it has two knobs. I believe one is the 'shape' knob, the other is more how much gain is being allowed into the circuit.

If you have a Les Paul, any fender will probably sound thick and rich still, even if it is brighter than putting a Les Paul into a Marshall, it will sound warm.

I do +1 the Vibrolux as well.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Vintage-Reissue--59-Bassman-LTD-102515145-i1145417.gc
bassman ltd is what i'd take, unless you want to scout for some used boutique clones like a clark piedmont, victoria, pierson, any other of the usual suspects
I have a les paul studio and a fender American strat
Quote by manhangi
The only real thing Marshall was 'inspired' by was the Bassman, in which they took the circuit and essentially slapped their name on it and called it the Plexi. (This is as far as I know)

Well the Bassman circuit was copied, and made into the JTM-45, then that was tweaked into the Plexi... I'm sure someone that knows this evolution a little better is about to correct me here...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
thanks for all youyr help guys, will let you know what turns out.