My Explorer has 2 related problems, hoping for some quick advice so I can resolve this.

On each pickup, if the volume is turned right down on one pickup but not the other, some sound still comes through, and guitar still hums when both are turned down but no sound.

Sometimes the treble pickup will cut out and sound like the volume has been turned to 0 (ie very weak sound)

Would replacing the 2 volume pots fix this?
have you checked your cables?

your post was kinda confusing, but it sounds like it could be a bad cable?
Yeah, it's not the cables, they're fine. Tried different cables, same cables with different guitars, it's definitely the guitar.
might be a loose wire with the imput jack or a faulty toggle switch.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Already tried replacing the input jack, didn't do anything. The toggle switch is fine too, already checked it.

In case it's confusing, on the treble pickup, if you turn it right down there's still some very weak sound, and sometimes when it's on full volume it cuts out and sounds exactly like if the volume knob was turned to 0. And on the bridge pickup, if you turn it right down but with the treble pickup still turned up then you can still hear some weak sound.
Could be... I've heard stories of other Epiphone Explorers having a similar problem, has anyone heard anything about that? I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking it's either the pots or the wiring, I already checked the wiring but not thoroughly so I'll have another look.
yeah it might just be a cold soldering joint somewhere. you might as well make it an excuse to change pickups as well :P
Hahaha, I actually kinda like the pickups in it. They sound different to other Epiphone stock pickups I've heard, they get a really thick tone, does rock and metal really well, takes drop tunings nicely... I'll probably end up throwing some Blackouts or an 85/81 set in it eventually, but pickups are pretty expensive (as you'd know being a fellow Aussie) so it'll have to wait until after I've finished my pedalboard and got my new amp.
is there a possability it could be the input jack on the amp??
just takin' a shot in the dark here.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Hahaha, I actually kinda like the pickups in it. They sound different to other Epiphone stock pickups I've heard, they get a really thick tone, does rock and metal really well, takes drop tunings nicely... I'll probably end up throwing some Blackouts or an 85/81 set in it eventually, but pickups are pretty expensive (as you'd know being a fellow Aussie) so it'll have to wait until after I've finished my pedalboard and got my new amp.

ya well it doesn't help when EMG set the prices for them so high and don't allow for much lowering of prices so when i get EMG pickups i usually buy from america.