i use an ibanez grx20, stock pups, zoom g1x effects an unknown practice amp.
i'm looking for that tone used for (1) arpeggio sweeps (much like Paul Gilbert) or just a (2) straight-out hard-rock lead tone. thanks!
Distortion, delay/reverb, and maybe some compression. You probably won't get very good otnes from your current amp and multi-fx.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
Distortion, delay/reverb, and maybe some compression. You probably won't get very good otnes from your current amp and multi-fx.

thanks! hehe yeah its basically a crappy setup. hmm i havent thought of the compression thingy. do u use lot of chorus? thanks again!
consider a new amp... roland cube or vox valvetronix. Unless you can afford and want something even better.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You say it like there's only one tone people use for sweeping.
You haven't asked us a question; you've simply stated your rig and, extremely vaguely, your tonal desires.

We know neither the specifics of the tone you're looking for nor the steps you're willing to take to achieve it and which of those steps you'd like our advice on.

Elaborate, please.
For my sweeping and lead tones, I use a high gain distortion on my G2, and put some delay on it. I would also advise using the neck pickup.
Neck pickup for smoother tones, heck even roll off some of the tone to get something like Sweet Child o Mine's lead tone.
Bridge is great when you want a screaming hard rock lead tone with lots of harmonics.
I put treble midway, low bass, and LOTS of mids. Add some reverb or delay to give it a thicker sound.

But I suggest another amp...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr