... yet i know nothing about them so i was hoping one of you guys could help me. i am going to Romania to see my grandparents and my grandfather broke his and musical equipment is pretty hard to come by in his small village so if any of you guys play or know anything about harmonicas maybe one of you guys can recommend me one to buy for him or at least set me in the right direction. thanx in advance

i don't know if i am supposed to post this in the pit but i was hoping for a quick answer
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
Learn some Blues Traveller. Johnny Pop is a badass harmonica player

Not only did you not read the thread, you also failed to read the title.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You need to pick a key. Ask your grandfather what key his harmonica was in.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Buy the most expensive one.

But seriously, what kind of harmonica is it?
Blues Harp (10 Holed), Chromatic, Tremolo, etc...?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by itchy guitar
You need to pick a key. Ask your grandfather what key his harmonica was in.

i'd guess it'd be in E since that seems the standard for Harmonica's.

Maybe shop around on the internet, musicians friend etc. may have some nice ones.
learn "the wizard" by sabbath, thatll be sick.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
Quote by AntiG3
Buy the most expensive one.

But seriously, what kind of harmonica is it?
Blues Harp (10 Holed), Chromatic, Tremolo, etc...?

i remember him saying it was a tremolo kind of harmonica, but i didn't understand what he meant
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
Learn some Blues Traveller. Johnny Pop is a badass harmonica player

Quote by rabidguitarist
Not only did you not read the thread, you also failed to read the title.

Quote by crypticslaughtr
learn "the wizard" by sabbath, thatll be sick.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
If you're looking for a 10 hole diatonic, right off the bat go with Hohner. Then from there, depending on your money situation, shop around, but if you can shill out 30 bucks for one, I would get the Hohner Special 20, without a doubt the best I've played. But you still do need to pick a key. Most people go with 'C' because they don't really understand the concept, and alot of songs can be played on a 'C' harp. If you're looking for anything different than a diatonic, I dunno what to tell you.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me