so ill have about 800 dollars soon so i want a new guitar and amp. ive already decided ill get a fender hss strat (around 550), but i dont kno what amp to get. it wont need to be any bigger than 30 watts, and i play ska, punk, a bit of 80's metal, and a bit of blues. given these genres and my budget, can you guys give me some good suggestions? thanks
EDIT: dont say MG please
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 16, 2009,
vox valvetronix are amazing
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
vox AC15? the small bugeras?

edit: get a cheaper guitar
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
hmm not too sure but , maybe a peavey vypyr 30 ? There about 400$ though , but you probs can get it lower
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by jeowy
vox AC15? the small bugeras?

edit: get a cheaper guitar

but ive always wanted an hss, and thats the price at the only guitar store around here
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Quaned
hmm not too sure but , maybe a peavey vypyr 30 ? There about 400$ though , but you probs can get it lower

vypyr 30s are 200 us.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
buy a used guitar
whats you nearest major city?
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
buy a used guitar
whats you nearest major city?

no, im never buyin used equipment. charlotte is abou 4 hours away.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre

to each their own... but say goodbye to ALOT of your future money...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Strato-Massacre

why not buy used? You normally just get a guitar that plays amazingly but gets a lot of money taken off just because of a few scratches that will eventually come from playing it yourself anyway. and if money's taken off because of an electronic problem, its probably a loose solder joint that is quite a really simple fix, but the original owner didnt know this and is qualifying their guitar as "broken" which just lowers the price as well.

/rant

simple story, go used.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93

simple story, go used.

Yeah, i got my jap strat for £295 because of a couple of dings, i've seen them go for £500+ elsewhere.

Yeah, ampwise, Kustom are good, my Double Barrel has served me amazingly well. that's 30W. Orange SS are also good (IMO, my 10W'er was real good)
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
so ive found and am considering this
http://www.guitarshop.net/orangecrushcr30r.htm
what do you guys think? now im not going to be playing any gigs anytime soon, or even having a band practice for that matter. this is just for me sitting around the house and playing, probably w/ me playing for guests we have (which is very often) but no more. so, practical? ive noticed it does have a footswitchable overdrive, which id prefer, but how much tonal variety does it have?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Well, I was onna offer you my dual humbucker strat for 350. Buying used is the way to go man.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
the reason i dont want to buy used isnt because i have a snotty mindset of "ew, used is teh gross", but rather, i want everything that happens to my guitar to be because of ME. every awesome riff that makes my hair stand up and others go " ", every chip, every spot of faded finish, every customized part, so that it truly MY guitar and only MY guitar. maybe im wierd, but i just take it that serious.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
the reason i dont want to buy used isnt because i have a snotty mindset of "ew, used is teh gross", but rather, i want everything that happens to my guitar to be because of ME. every awesome riff that makes my hair stand up and others go " ", every chip, every spot of faded finish, every customized part. maybe im wierd, but i just take it that serious.

Yeah, you are right...........you are weird. lol
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by Strato-Massacre
the reason i dont want to buy used isnt because i have a snotty mindset of "ew, used is teh gross", but rather, i want everything that happens to my guitar to be because of ME. every awesome riff that makes my hair stand up and others go " ", every chip, every spot of faded finish, every customized part, so that it truly MY guitar and only MY guitar. maybe im wierd, but i just take it that serious.

then dont take it as serious. its gonna be there anyway. think of it this way:

you go to a guitar store and someone blindflods you and tells you to test out a few guitars. you play 10 different guitars in total. you tell them that 9 of them didnt feel right and that you would like to leave with that 10th one because it felt and sounded so perfect in your opinion. then they tell you that the guitar was a used guitar. you going to buy it? I would.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Strato-Massacre

yeah, because when I play my telecaster, I totally feel like the previous owner is the one whose playing out from my amp
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Strato-Massacre

lol, what an uppity douche.
how does that make me a douche?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
how does that make me a douche?

because you're refusing to get something just because of a few small scratches that's just gonna get there anyway. my 2nd post on this thread make more sense.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Strato-Massacre

EDIT: dont say MG please

No doubt this what everyone wanted to say... good thinking adding that there to make sure they didn't.
Quote by randomhero93
because you're refusing to get something just because of a few small scratches that's just gonna get there anyway. my 2nd post on this thread make more sense.

you clearly did not read my post where i explained that this is NOT the case.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
you clearly did not read my post where i explained that this is NOT the case.

i read that, but thats what it come down to for you, basically. what you're saying is that if you find the perfect guitar for you and it feels and sounds amazing in your hands and to your ears, you're not going to buy it just because it was used by someone else previously and has a few dents/scratches. thats pretty rediculous. i used an example for a different thread where a new guitar was $800, but there was an ebay ad for the EXACT same model for more than half off, just because it had a few scratches. GO USED!!!
Quote by pedromiles101
^its not that i have problem w/ scratches, its just that I want to be the one who put them there
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
I am not a huge fan of the Vyper, I would go for the Vox Valvatronix if you can get some money to grab one and maybe a distortion pedal, that is a great combo.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by Strato-Massacre
^its not that i have problem w/ scratches, its just that I want to be the one who put them there

just answer this question with a yes or no: would you buy a used guitar if it felt and sounded better than a new one but had a couple of scratches? Most scratches are from belt rash on the back of the body anyways...
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Strato-Massacre

you're basically just twisting words here.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Ibanez 540S MIJ 1990
PodXT
Micro Cube
example: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-C-1-E-A-in-GREAT-SHAPE_W0QQitemZ250462855228QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3a50bfe03c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2122%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

you will never find this guitar except in the used market. the description says: regular wear (as in belt rash)and there was a pickup swap but I wouldn't care because that's a beautiful instrument and rare/discontinued. damn... i wish i had money right now, i'd get this myself.

New: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-C-1-Classic-Electric-Guitar-513072-i1443057.gc
Used: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-C-1-Classic-in-Great-Condition-w-Coffin-Case_W0QQitemZ220449970869QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3353d79ab5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2122%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

noticed how the used one is SOOO much cheaper AND comes with a $100 case for FREE and FREE insured shipping. this is a steal! i'm quoting this from the owner of the used:
Quote by original owner
"It has some slight wear on the pick-ups and 1 chip no bigger than a pencil eraser, but it is in beautiful condition otherwise..." "These blemishes are NOT something to worry about. Most people cannot even notice them..." "FREE INSURED SHIPPING!!! Brand New Guitar is $799.00 Case was $100 Save yourself a few hundred dollars and buy this used beauty..."

See? this is why we should all go used whenever possible.

* these were all examples, these are not suggstions and the ebay links were only for example, they are not my accounts.
Quote by pedromiles101
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by Daseman
you're basically just twisting words here.

no im not. thats what the f*ck i said in the first place.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
get a low end SS amp, with the money you have left over you should spend as little as possible and buy a good amp later, also nice choice on guitar i love strats, i might be getting one here soon. try the little 150$ and under amps out and find one that you think is OK
Let the man do wahtever he wants with his money. He earned it so he can do whatever he wants with it. He can wipe his ass with it for all he wants.
I got my Gibson used, I got it for almost half what it goes for new. Believe me, I have played some very nice guitars, and I would have played almost none of them if I turned my nose from used.

Honestly, you can get your HSS strat used for $250. Easily.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by sw1ss023
vypyr 30s are 200 us.

Oops my bad :/
Either get a VYPYR or a Valvetronix
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack