So space/time theorists state that time is made up of 'grains' of space time which grow out of the past, as opposed to Einsteins classical theory which ignores quantum mechanics. By 'grains' do they mean physical matter?

What is your opinion on space/time and its theories?
Last edited by 46+0 at Jul 16, 2009,
I've never heard of "grains" before, but I can only assume they're a metaphor for what they're actually trying to describe. So I doubt it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Fire is cool.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I just read A Briefer History of Time by Stephen Hawking, it discussed all the things likes finding a quantum theory and Einstein's theories. Pretty interesting. I didn't get any of it except the black hole stuff
Read an introductory text on Modern Physics. You have much to learn...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Eliyahu
I just read A Briefer History of Time by Stephen Hawking, it discussed all the things likes finding a quantum theory and Einstein's theories. Pretty interesting. I didn't get any of it except the black hole stuff

good read, but there are a lot of black holes in his theories.
Quote by 46+0
good read, but there are a lot of black holes in his theories.

Ba-dum-pish

And I've never heard of the concept you're describing.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
yea, I know a little about quantum mechanics (enough to hold a conversation) and I've never heard of these "grains"

are you maybe thinking about string theory?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
yea, I know a little about quantum mechanics (enough to hold a conversation) and I've never heard of these "grains"

are you maybe thinking about string theory?

No.
theres more than two possible outcomes for each event.look at a lightcone for instance and see how many possible paths there are for it to take after the event
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial