So I did something I think is funny as hell to record this, I used an Ibanez ACA10 acoustic amplifyer and a boss Ds-1 distortion pedal to get this tone, I never knew acoustic amps could get such a heavy tone out of them.

Anyway, this one came off as a basic Idea, the beginning and the end are the only written parts, the rest is kinda improv, but tell me what yall think, if yall like it then I'll span it out into a full written song. C4C too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play656920
Quote by ethan_hanus
So I did something I think is funny as hell to record this, I used an Ibanez ACA10 acoustic amplifyer and a boss Ds-1 distortion pedal to get this tone, I never knew acoustic amps could get such a heavy tone out of them.

Anyway, this one came off as a basic Idea, the beginning and the end are the only written parts, the rest is kinda improv, but tell me what yall think, if yall like it then I'll span it out into a full written song. C4C too.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play656920

i liked it although, a bit repititive imo ... and btw, is that really a DS-1? i cant get nowhere near as meaty tones out of mine?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
i liked it although, a bit repititive imo ... and btw, is that really a DS-1? i cant get nowhere near as meaty tones out of mine?

It repeats some but that was to give it some structure.

Yeah, it actually is a ds-1, almost all my stuff is using standard Ds-1 for basic distortion. Its not a bad pedal, you just need to eq your amp right. I have the distortion at full and I change the tone every now and then but I usually have it at 9 O'clock(hardcore) and 11 O'clock(American). One thing to keep in mind is that the Ds-1 has pertty much no bass and adds a **** tone of mids and tremble.
Pretty nice ideas.
You should use them to actually build a track.
I would love to hear that.
Regarding your playing, it seems to me that you would benefit from working with a beat. I browsed through your 39 (!!!!) recordings and i didn't hear one single beat nor multiple recording track.
You should definitively step into the 21st century and use the possibilities your computer offers to express your creativity.