So ... recently my 7 string Ibanez decided that any fret above the 16th fret is now flat.

I've checked the intonation many times with a tuner, adjusted it, adjusted it back to normal ... no joy, it's always flat ... every ****ing time. I can't figure out what the **** is wrong with my B string, maybe it's just a faulty string? Who knows, maybe someone here can help.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by ibanezgod1973
which B string (2 or 7)? difference being 1 is wound and the other isn`t

Oh, mah bad. It's the high B.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Well I would change the string to see if that helps. If it doesn't help I can't offer any other advice seeing that I just have basic knowledge of how the guitar works.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
The frets might be screwed up, or the problem could be from the string. Take it to an experienced technician to take a look at it.
Yeah, I was going to take it to the shop and ask for it to be "re-set up" ... doing my ****ing head in that it just went like this. Although now you mention it, I get a lot of fret buzz and ****, so it mightn't hurt to just get everything checked out, my frets probably are ****ed.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
in my experience, the b-string starts to sound a little flat the higher up you get... I would maybe use a different string brand or possibly even a wound... it solved the problem for me
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by La Qotsa
Yeah, I was going to take it to the shop and ask for it to be "re-set up" ... doing my ****ing head in that it just went like this. Although now you mention it, I get a lot of fret buzz and ****, so it mightn't hurt to just get everything checked out, my frets probably are ****ed.

it's just ****ing **** and ****ed up. Try changing the ****ing strings and learn to ****ing fix it yourself you ****ing lazy ****
Quote by pak1351
it's just ****ing **** and ****ed up. Try changing the ****ing strings and learn to ****ing fix it yourself you ****ing lazy ****

Thanks for your help faggot.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by pak1351

I lol'd
How old is this guitar?

If not that old i doubt the fret itself is messed up.
Quote by srob7001
How old is this guitar?

If not that old i doubt the fret itself is messed up.

Must be only a year now, I'll be taking to a shop soon ... I just wondered if anyone on here would be able to give an answer. I guess I wasted my time.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
the only things i can think of is that the string is catching on something or has been over stretched and is trying to get back to it`s natural tension and maybe the knot on the ball end has slipped

maybe it`s not sat in the nut or saddle properly?

how close is that string to the pups maybe your getting some string pull off the magnet if it`s too close (but that would affesct adjacent strings also.

otherwise i aint got a clue......change the string 1st before taking it into the shop.
Quote by La Qotsa
Must be only a year now, I'll be taking to a shop soon ... I just wondered if anyone on here would be able to give an answer. I guess I wasted my time.

Yea, i guess we all wasted our time on this thread.