Page 1 of 2
Hi gang,

Working on a new project. I'm turning the normal guitar into an art guitar. I am documenting my progress with picture and video (that's new). Lots of inlay, custom part, a whole new finish, and a unique fix for a broken headstock. If you interested, check it out.

The Viking Guitar

Wow, it looks great!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
So what, It looks amazing!
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
cool. Viking metal up your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM&feature=fvst
play some of this with that guitar

EDIT: haha i wonder if all that rosewood would affect the tone and make it warmer haha.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by RJackson
is this advertising. i cant tell. s_s

Well, it's not meant to be. This guitar is not for sale. I'm keeping it. I'm inlaying my name on the control plate. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm just excited about this project and wanted to share my excitment.
Quote by apak
cool. Viking metal up your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM&feature=fvst
play some of this with that guitar

EDIT: haha i wonder if all that rosewood would affect the tone and make it warmer haha.

My son has been telling me about this Viking metal band for a while. Been meaning to look them up. Thanks for the post.
I'd hit that. Looks sweet, man. Well done.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
omfg.
thats pretty kickass... but you shouldent have put the gibson logo back on... maeks it way-gay!
i sure hope you wear a viking helmet whilst you play it :P
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
omfg.
thats pretty kickass... but you shouldent have put the gibson logo back on... maeks it way-gay!

Well, I had my reason for putting the Gibson logo back on. I'm sure a lot of people will think it from the Gibson custom shop, which is a bummer, but it is a Gibson guitar.
Thats a sweet guitar.
Well done :]
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by metal-matt
omfg.

coming from the person with the bc rich
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
coming from the person with the bc rich

None the less a Metal Master at that.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
None the less a Metal Master at that.

there wayy gayy
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

For a moment I thought you were gonna rebuild the SG to make it look like a Hagström Viking, but this makes much more sense to be honest.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
Quote by Zapher
For a moment I thought you were gonna rebuild the SG to make it look like a Hagström Viking, but this makes much more sense to be honest.

Actually that would be some pretty empressive wood working to do that.
I like your first artwork design (the one you rejected) better.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by steve!
there wayy gayy

It's they're.

I think you've never played any sort of high end B.C. Rich but that's just a guess.

Anyway...pillage, rape and burn people ears with it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's they're.

I think you've never played any sort of high end B.C. Rich but that's just a guess.

*People's

Killer work man! And the purpleheart strength bars actually look like a war marking of some sort
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
that is just amazing...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's they're.

Actually i have
and in case you didn't notice his is the ****ty cheap model
which are awful.
My mate has a very nice custom shop mockingbird
but the general consensus of Bc Rich owners have the cheap ****y ones which are generally sub par.
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by VanTheKraut
I like your first artwork design (the one you rejected) better.

Really? Hmmm, in my opinion the second one was way better. Plus, Vikings didn't wear face masks. Of course they didn't go into battle with horned helmet either, but don't tell anybody.
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's they're.

My son has a 84' custom built warlock that was worked on by Bernie himself. This think is AWESOME!!! One of the best playing guitars I have ever put my hands on. Simple amazing.

Quote by Shinozoku

Killer work man! And the purpleheart strength bars actually look like a war marking of some sort

You won't be able to see the purple heart bars when I'm done.
Excelent inlay work there, I bookmarked your page
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
well, to say the least ive never heard a gibson/epiphony that ive liked.
they all sounds like whiney kids to me >.>

other than that, yep, ive got a metal master.
and it plays as well as, and sounds BETTER than my brothers ibanez rg (idk the number of it tho he got it a while back..)

also, i could give you 1000$ to get me one like i have, and it may take you some time to get one, as you see they are all black guitars (wiht either white, or red tribal patern) where as mine is RED.
hence it being rare.

i have played higher end guitars, and well, there ok, but they all lack something, they all feel "weak" like they aint got no grunt in them...

and gibson are gay because all they do is copy there old models! all the damn reissue crap! i mean, how are they gonna make new stuff when they just copy there old crap?

and bc rich have a lot of iconic shapes, they dare to make shapes that other people frown upon, i think for that, they have guts.

in all truth, you could get me a gibson less paul, worth 1,000,000$ and i would rather have my warlock.

or i would sell it to some other noob who wants to be a "guitar hero".
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by cSuttle
My son has been telling me about this Viking metal band for a while. Been meaning to look them up. Thanks for the post.

XD. Don't listen to them myself. I just youtube this song sometimes when nobody is home and I want to headbang my head off. At least I helped with one thing!
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
XD. Don't listen to them myself. I just youtube this song sometimes when nobody is home and I want to headbang my head off. At least I helped with one thing!

Yeah, they almost look like a real life Metalocalypse.
Nice to see you here from PG, your work is AMAZING!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by apak

Why when nobody's home?
Quote by cSuttle
Yeah, they almost look like a real life Metalocalypse.

*Dethklok
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Absent Mind
Nice to see you here from PG, your work is AMAZING!

Thanks. Do you have the same handle on PG?

I never realize that this site was so popular and still filled with a lot of nice people. I think I will be hanging out here often.
Quote by cSuttle
Thanks. Do you have the same handle on PG?

I never realize that this site was so popular and still filled with a lot of nice people. I think I will be hanging out here often.

Nae, I'm 'Neil Beith' on PG, I dont post much, mostly lurk and ask stupid questions

GB&C section has seen a boom in recent months which is nice for activity

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by metal-matt

and it plays as well as, and sounds BETTER than my brothers ibanez rg (idk the number of it tho he got it a while back..)

also, i could give you 1000$ to get me one like i have, and it may take you some time to get one, as you see they are all black guitars (wiht either white, or red tribal patern) where as mine is RED.
hence it being rare.

i have played higher end guitars, and well, there ok, but they all lack something, they all feel "weak" like they aint got no grunt in them...

and gibson are gay because all they do is copy there old models! all the damn reissue crap! i mean, how are they gonna make new stuff when they just copy there old crap?

and bc rich have a lot of iconic shapes, they dare to make shapes that other people frown upon, i think for that, they have guts.

in all truth, you could get me a gibson less paul, worth 1,000,000$ and i would rather have my warlock.

lol hahahahaha
just lol
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by metal-matt

hence it being rare.

If your guitar is so god damn rare why can i google it and find that it is on musicians friend, and guitar center + like 10 pages worth of sites. also gibson stick with old models because the old models work. as in they can still be marketed very well. bc rich makes new models to try and keep up with the marketing. and as for bc rich making iconic shapes. I would say yes it you were in a foaggot 80's hair metal band. im just gonna laugh at your last comment.

EDIT: if your talking about this piece of ****...fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/168/b/AAAAAl31c7UAAAAAAWiznw.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/b.c.-rich-metal-master-warlock-electric-guitar&usg=__oTFuKVeGFSCFXngJKmOQ8kPQzGE=&h=150&w=150&sz=5&hl=en&start=33&um=1&tbnid=A_sB-SJwo5-C7M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bbc%2Brich%2Bmetal%2Bmaster%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1 they sell that at my local store.
if your talking about THIS fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/168/b/AAAAAl31c7UAAAAAAWiznw.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/b.c.-rich-metal-master-warlock-electric-guitar&usg=__oTFuKVeGFSCFXngJKmOQ8kPQzGE=&h=150&w=150&sz=5&hl=en&start=33&um=1&tbnid=A_sB-SJwo5-C7M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bbc%2Brich%2Bmetal%2Bmaster%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1 then your just a ****ing asshole.
Oh Hey look at my signature
Last edited by BlackDog55 at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by BlackDog55
If your guitar is so god damn rare why can i google it and find that it is on musicians friend, and guitar center + like 10 pages worth of sites. also gibson stick with old models because the old models work. as in they can still be marketed very well. bc rich makes new models to try and keep up with the marketing. and as for bc rich making iconic shapes. I would say yes it you were in a foaggot 80's hair metal band. im just gonna laugh at your last comment.

EDIT: if your talking about this piece of ****...fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/168/b/AAAAAl31c7UAAAAAAWiznw.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/b.c.-rich-metal-master-warlock-electric-guitar&usg=__oTFuKVeGFSCFXngJKmOQ8kPQzGE=&h=150&w=150&sz=5&hl=en&start=33&um=1&tbnid=A_sB-SJwo5-C7M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bbc%2Brich%2Bmetal%2Bmaster%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1 they sell that at my local store.
if your talking about THIS fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1">http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/168/b/AAAAAl31c7UAAAAAAWiznw.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/b.c.-rich-metal-master-warlock-electric-guitar&usg=__oTFuKVeGFSCFXngJKmOQ8kPQzGE=&h=150&w=150&sz=5&hl=en&start=33&um=1&tbnid=A_sB-SJwo5-C7M:&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bbc%2Brich%2Bmetal%2Bmaster%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1 then your just a ****ing asshole.

and also
i doubt theres any growl in those weak pickups they put in them
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

that thing is rocking man.
after that, build a boat&destroy the seas with it.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Page 1 of 2