So I was working on recording some stuff in my room with cables and wires strewn across the floor, I had keyboard, amps, pedals, mixer, and a laptop all in my mix. I grabbed my cable I believed was my guitar through my keyboard, but actually grabbed the cable that was the line out from my amp, and effectively plugged my crate solid state into itself. after about five or ten seconds, I realized what I had done I snatched the cable and undid the thing, but unfortunately I already could smell that awful electrical burn smell, now when I flip on my amp, I get a steady hum, and plugging in guitars, turning knobs, and flipping switches makes no difference, just that damn hum droning on. I hope this is just a fuse or something, but im not familiar with electronics, so please help me. Sorry about the long winded post, im just pretty distraught, seeing that right now I can’t afford to take it in to a professional, or replace it.
take er to a shop

unless you are familiar with electronics and can identify where the issue is and fix it

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I would suggest checking the fuses and if they're blown then replace them and see if that will work. Other than that, wait for more answers
Sounds like it could possibly be a fuse to me, deffinetly try replacing the fuse before you take it to a shop, cause they can get damn expensive with labour charges.
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
If you're lucky it was just the fuse blowing; but they don't usually make that electrical burning smell. Chances are it's your main output transformer.

Unless the amp's worth more than about $500 it wouldn't be economical to repair it.
Quote by kyle62
If you're lucky it was just the fuse blowing; but they don't usually make that electrical burning smell. Chances are it's your main output transformer.

Unless the amp's worth more than about $500 it wouldn't be economical to repair it.

Also if it still turns on, and hums it's not the fuse. Sorry, I think you are f***ed.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!