ok ive listened to him and i only know about he doesnt use a pick, i havent listened to the doors since before i started playing guitar so i wasnt really mad for the guitar... but now ive got back into the doors, its absolutely amazing hearing him play xD he is soo damn underated man!

theres info i would like to know about him, what his tastes, inspirations were and perhaps his kind of chords he would use... scales...

i beleive he normally always used an SG.

any help about this cool dude would be very appreciated. this guy is really cool xD.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
He's a flamenco-style guitarist, he used bottleneck slide alot(I don't think he was very talented with it, he never seemed to use alternate tunings, so there was no hope), alot of jazzy scales(along with the pentatonic minor and major jumbled up).

Try playing some Santana stuff as well, as he is also a very flamenco-influenced guitarist.

imo, he sometimes sucked, and sometimes he really ripped some solos to where he was a god. To me, he is like Jimmy Page, where he is good in the studio, but not deserving of his status live.

Try overdriving a (nice) Solid State to get that strange fuzz tone that he was known for.

Robbie is a very respectable guitarist, I hope I've helped you out a little bit.
Last edited by willwelsh816 at Jul 16, 2009,
^ The dude above totally nailed it. He apparently studied Indian music as well.
Nailed... Thanks alot ^.^
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.