Everytime I play songs off of Ride the Lightning with the track on in the backround, it never sounds right, it sounds like my guitar is sharp. I know I am playing it right, and I checked 10,000 times to make sure I was in standard. I also tried it in Eb and it sounded flat.
I didn't know if for that album they played at a different frequency other than 440 maybe? I've heard of it done before I just didn't know if this was one of them.
Either you're imagining it, or your tuner's knackered. I've never had a problem with it sounding off
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
they sound fine on my guitar in 440
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
lrn2tune
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
A ton of duets maybe? Cause for example, the opening 2 chords on for whom the bell tolls sounds off, but the chorus for Creeping Death Sounds dead on?
Sounds fine for me in standard tuning.

Some records are about a quarter step flat or sharp, for various reasons, such as the speed of the master tape being changed after recording, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

So lern2tuna
Even my lower end Tradition sounds fine in 440 when I play along. Fade to Black, FWTBT, Creeping Death and Fight Fire with Fire all sound fine.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Ok just to clear things up, I'm using the tuner installed on my digitech GNX 3, and its a very picky tuner.

Also, when I play without the song going, it does sound fine, its just when the song is playing in the backround.
Last edited by LTDman90 at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by LTDman90
Ok just to clear things up, I'm using the tuner installed on my digitech GNX 3, and its a very picky tuner.

well its wrong
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I agree dude it's like when they recorded they were out of tune...
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

Apparently the guitars in FWTBT are tuned slightly sharp.

EDIT: See!

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by sashki

Some records are about a quarter step flat or sharp, for various reasons, such as the speed of the master tape being changed after recording,..

^
^
^
this
Because we seperate... it ripples our reflections.
.snoitcelfer ruo selppir ti...etarepes ew esuaceB
Mmkay, thanks guys. I was hoping that I wasn't going insane and that it was only me.
I had this same issue, I think the problem is older recording technology had their frequencies different than 440, so I that obviously made them different.

Either that or they sped up the track.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
They sped up the record a little when they recorded I think, so its a bit sharper than 440.