Page 1 of 3
^

Was there ever a time when threads in the Pit consisted of genuine non-guitar related topics other than fapping,rape,lol wut and i cum blood?

Im only an 08er so cant say i know....
I go back another year, and I can confirm it was like this when I joined
Up The Boro!
given the name, i'd guess no. then again i've only been around for a couple of weeks.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
It got progressively worse but it was probably only "clean" back when there was 10,000 members, with about 50 on at a time.
nah I've been a lurker forever, way back when I first found the Pit it wasn't so bad, but it's had it's ups and downs
I wouldnt know for sure, I've been reading the pit since 06 and it was the same then as it is now.
Well, lol wut and I cum blood weren't around when I joined, but it certainly wasn't clean as such.
-

not in the time i've been here and that's a while

i cum blood is new though... i think it is declining
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
its not that bad haha.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
I don't remember "I cum blood" being a staple of the Pit language when I joined, but I remember some of Scourge's more...disconcerting threads :shudder:
When I started coming here in '04 it wasn't that different.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY

Hey, My name's Jim. I'm an Alcoholic, and I've been clean since 9 am this morning

EDIT: But yes, all that is unfortunately part of the pit
When I first joined the pit butt secks was the biggest meme. That's why they censor it.
It's not bad a bad thing. Have you been on a "clean" forum? It's incredibly boring. Plus we do have some serious threads where people don't act so silly.
Off topic for a sec:

I love how UG is considered a family site, yet we have threads on sex, takin a shit with the door open, drugs, and all sorts of "I cum Blood", "rape" nonsense. Not to mention the constant use of cuss words.

On topic: I think the only time you could've considered the Pit clean, was when the Pit was first created.
Sail upon the open skies
well.. the majority of us don't actually say "rape lulz" It's fooking annoying when people do.. a) It's not funny b) it's not original.. come on people, lets get passed these ****ty unoriginal jokes..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
well.. the majority of us don't actually say "rape lulz" It's fooking annoying when people do.. a) It's not funny b) it's not original.. come on people, lets get passed these ****ty unoriginal jokes..

Quote by will123456789

They're not jokes, they're memes. Thus, they're supposed to be ****ty and unoriginal

Anywhom, I've only been here a year but I can't imagine it was ever much better. Just different memes for a different era
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Masamune
It's not bad a bad thing. Have you been on a "clean" forum? It's incredibly boring. Plus we do have some serious threads where people don't act so silly.

This
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by Masamune

At last a clean forum can actually provide help, unlike this site which couldn't even do it a forum other than the pit.
Quote by stevve
I wouldnt know for sure, I've been reading the pit since 06 and it was the same then as it is now.

bout the same for me. It always seems the same things go on. Every year nothing but random ass threads about rape, masturbation or boobs. And of course making fun of the noobs.

God I love this place.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Perfection 101
They're not jokes, they're memes. Thus, they're supposed to be ****ty and unoriginal

Anywhom,

Anywhom

It's definitely less original and more of a /b/ parrot that it used to be, but "clean"? Nah.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The Pit seems pretty clean compared the forum I came from. It's full of idiots and the music forum there is full of elitist fucks. If the band is even mainstream or a well known your taste in music is already considered shitty. The mods don't do shit on that site, they're supposedly on but they're probably taking a nap.
Was it called the Pit when it was first created? or was it renamed the pit when it became...well..the pit. You'd think it be called the General Discussion forum.
Quote by Chaosinborn
Was it called the Pit when it was first created? or was it renamed the pit when it became...well..the pit. You'd think it be called the General Discussion forum.

I think "Pit" is a music pun, as in "Mosh Pit."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by doive
not in the time i've been here and that's a while

i cum blood is new though... i think it is declining

I cum blood....

Nope there we go
This is honestly the cleanest I've ever seen it. Pretty depressing. I miss the old pit days..
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
when I joined I stayed out of the pit because it seemed pointless. Now I'm bored as hell and am here everyday...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I remember back in '06 when the biggest topic in the pit was the UG mouse...

things went down and down. It's still not that bad though. Compared with 4chan the rest of the internet, it's quite well moderated and generally "work safe."
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Used to be good before the people who couldn't fit in at 4chan came here and tried to make it their own chan.
RULE BRITANNIA
Back when I joined the Pit was fun because it wasn't infested by people who consider 4chan memes the funniest things in the world. The Pit was actually funny at one point y'know...

To be honest the Pit has gone down hill since people catch up on dead memes and try to ressurect them, or overuse them and think they're hilarious. I.e. "I cum blood" and "Candlejack". Those things kill the forums.

Anyone who picks up on the fact I said Candlejack and continues it on is one of these people.
Page 1 of 3