Appears that with my girlfriend's father's recommendation I will be getting a job at their neighborhood golf course. Her father gave me the low down and I'll pretty much be cleaning carts, driving new ones out to people who's carts died, picking up golf balls from the driving range, and all that stuff. I really hope there is some Caddy Shack type antics going on.

Anyone else work at a golf club that can give me some ideas on what it will be like?
Pro Tip: When wanting to shake somebody's hand, first make sure that he or she actually has one.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I've seen caddyshack that's about all of my golf club experience. The job doesn't sound that bad though
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
seems like an easy job for decent money (considering your age). dont expect golf courses being blown up any time soon though.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I wish i could work at my golf course...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by Strato-Massacre
seems like an easy job for decent money (considering your age). dont expect golf courses being blown up any time soon though.

I learned the biggest disaster they had was all the chemicals getting washed into the lake and killing the wildlife.
I worked as a golf club once...Man it hurt my head

cool things, it's a job. I'd love a job right now.
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Does it hurt if I find golf to the most boring thing man ever created?

no. because youre going to find the fact that youll be some old rich ass holes b*tch everyday far more painfull
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Do that thing on My Name is Earl where Earl puts balls in the hole to trick everyone into getting hole in ones.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
no. because youre going to find the fact that youll be some old rich ass holes b*tch everyday far more painfull

I've met a lot of the regulars from just being up there with my girlfriend. Most of them are young guys and are pretty cool. (Hell the manager was playing Radiohead over the speakers in the pro shop.) There was this one old guy though who asked if I was screwing girls behind my girlfriends back...
Quote by The_Paranoia
I've met a lot of the regulars from just being up there with my girlfriend. Most of them are young guys and are pretty cool. (Hell the manager was playing Radiohead over the speakers in the pro shop.) There was this one old guy though who asked if I was screwing girls behind my girlfriends back...

i would have said "yes, on the green at 17".
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Pretend you are Bill Murray and blow up the golf course. What could go wrong?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
If there's a driving range, offer to drive the cage cart around to pick the balls up.

Every time someone hits you, cheer mightily.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I worked at one for a summer and it sucked. The old dicks hit balls at you and being that most of them invest money into the Club they are all partial owners and you just have to take the abuse.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Ylasto
My main question is: Is it good pay?

Heard it was about $5.50 an hour + tips that you get from taking bags out of people's cars and putting them into the carts. I talked to a guy that worked up there and he said on a good weekend he would make $75 - $100 a day in tips.
I work at one. It's pretty laid back. I work in the pro shop. When it's a really slow day, I just play super nintendo and watch ESPN. This golf course is VERY laid back though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I work at one. It's pretty laid back. I work in the pro shop. When it's a really slow day, I just play super nintendo and watch ESPN. This golf course is VERY laid back though.

I just got back from the club and their pro shop is extremely laid back too. The guy I went to talk to was playing Pokemon
Do the Rodney Dangerfield and play Journey out of your bag.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I played a gig in one ... it was full of wankers, and thats all I have to say about that.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I worked as a golf club once. Hours are good, I got ****ing awful headaches though.

What?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
i worked in one. boring as hell for the most part, but fairly well paid, and sexist old men can be a great laugh
all in all not a bad job at all. and there are worse places to spend your break than at the driving range
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Quote by The_Paranoia
I just got back from the club and their pro shop is extremely laid back too. The guy I went to talk to was playing Pokemon

Then the Pit approves.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)