i was just wondering if anyone knew if the Gibson SG Signature Series was a good guitar? As i had never heard of them before
$100 dollar gibsons? they must be made of ply wood
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I am more then sure that the sginature series are awesome. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul and it is brilliant.
I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't like them, although i have never heard them either..
aren't the signature series those cheap nasty bolt-on neck things that are equivalent to the fender "starcaster" strat?

^did you get a signature series les paul or a proper gibson? the signature series is nothing like a proper gibson.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i know i just found one and it was really cheap (£80) so i was wondering if there was something wrong with it.
Quote by Blompcube
aren't the signature series those cheap nasty bolt-on neck things that are equivalent to the fender "starcaster" strat?

^did you get a signature series les paul or a proper gibson? the signature series is nothing like a proper gibson.

yeah a friend of mine has a sig sg. they pretty much are the equivalent to starcasters. and the dude who said they're probably made out of plywood...they are. They're marketed under the Gibson-Baldwin name
Quote by STABxYOU
How do they compare to an Epiphone SG Special?

worse
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
They really are the equivalent of taking a massive shit, putting a plank of wood in it and stretching elastic bands over the whole abomination.
Quote by Zino
I am more then sure that the sginature series are awesome. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul and it is brilliant.
I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't like them, although i have never heard them either..

This, my friends is the classic case of talking out of the ass
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
This, my friends is the classic case of talking out of the ass

yeah, i'm still confused by this. did he get an actual gibson les paul, and jump on the "brandwagon" and insist that anything labelled gibson is automatically amazing, or did he get a signature series les paul, call it a gibson, and then say it's amazing just because he has one, like some people do?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Blompcube
yeah, i'm still confused by this. did he get an actual gibson les paul, and jump on the "brandwagon" and insist that anything labelled gibson is automatically amazing, or did he get a signature series les paul, call it a gibson, and then say it's amazing just because he has one, like some people do?

well Zino owns a gibson les paul and mistook the gibson sg signature series as being a gibson sg signature artist guitar and saying that the gibson sg signature series is a great guitar because it's a gibson.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
well Zino owns a gibson les paul and mistook the gibson sg signature series as being a gibson sg signature artist guitar and saying that the gibson sg signature series is a great guitar because it's a gibson.

ah yeah that makes more sense now.

but all in all, don't bother with the signature series. as far as i'm aware they are intended as guitars for schools and colleges and i know all too well that school pupils and college students treat stuff that isn't their own like **** so don't deserve to be supplied with decent stuff (i have so many rants i'm holding back!!! ) basically they are junk guitars intended to be crap so that it doesn't matter if they get bashed around and misused.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 17, 2009,
ive got one of those, its horrible haha it was my first guitar. i use it for drop C stuff now, i do have to say i really like the neck on it out of all things, just the way it feels you wouldnt think it was a $100 guitar
NOPE
Quote by Led Zeppelin 67
worse

If there is anything worse than that, DO NOT WANT.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.