So I am an acoustic guy looking to switch over to some metal. i really love muse's songs so i wanted to get an electric to actually play most of their stuff.. but anyways just went to this guitar center today and saw some for my budget and i was wondering what everyone thinks about it.

1st. Ibanez RG120 - 199.99$ +8% tax :P
http://img29.imageshack.us/i/dsc00222j.jpg/

2nd. Ibanez GAX70 - 169.99$
http://img32.imageshack.us/i/dsc00223d.jpg/

not really sure if any of them are good. any suggestions for this price range?
muse isn't metal at all, but also, never get an ibanez with the letter G as the first letter in the guitar name.

i would try saving a little more and get an esp ltd, they're great solid guitars for anyone.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
RG120 is good. For the price, it's quite nice sounding, light weight, stays in tune pretty well with the FAT bridge, unless you really abuse it. Great for hard rock, some metal, but I didn't like the clean at all with the infinity pickups.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by SPBY
muse isn't metal at all, but also, never get an ibanez with the letter G as the first letter in the guitar name.

i would try saving a little more and get an esp ltd, they're great solid guitars for anyone.

you mean these?
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_f.html

those look mega expensive P:
The 50 series aren't expensive...I bought one at a local shop for $180. Just ask the guys there what the lowest they can go. I got 70 USD knocked off my Viper 50 that way. Smaller stores realize the importance of repeated business more than large retailers.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
The thing is with muse is that besides his "gadget" pickups (his sustainer, his makeshift p-rails) He largely relies on either humbuckers or P90s. He likes the occasional Bare Kuckles Nailbomber in the bridge, but largely he is known for P90s.

I reccomend this guitar. It has the telecaster shape which his Manson is loosely based upon, and the tone which is fairly similar to his. it costs around $300.

Of course, if you want to splurge, you can get the same guitar, only modded by manson himself with a fuzz factory. This costs around 600 pounds ($1000). An extra $300 gives you the pickups Matt uses in his own guitars.

If you want to get the real deal, Matt is going to have a few production signature models coming out next year (based on his black and his red sparkle Mansons repectively. Floyd is optional replacement for TOM) manufactured by Manson for around 2500 pounds ($4100).
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
^ I think we should try to keep in mind the price range here...=\
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Krano I believe he mentioned that his budget is around 200 USD, the cheapest you mentioned is already 50% more expencive, which is okay, but the rest is kinda off topic.

But I fully agree with the 300 dollar Tele!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Quote by mattbellamee
so should i wait?

is the ibanez rg120 not that worth it?

Personally, I think that you should save up the $100 for the tele. Is the budget really that unmovable? The Tele would suit your needs much more, and it has the added plus of being part of Squier's "Vintage Modified" series, which has amazing high quality.

If you cannot move the budget, the RG120 is a decent instrument to fall back on, but if you can save up a bit more, I can guarantee you that the Tele is 10x the guitar the RG is.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
My Rg120 is a peice of crap now, but that's only because we tryed to put a Floyd on it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
i was going to recommend a second hand ibanez RG321 but that might be out of your budget :S also ts have you chosen an amp yet?
My Question:

Have you checked your local Craigslist?

I was on Richmond, Virginia's cl just now and found the RG120 for $70.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1240664069.html

Go to your local CL, put electric guitar in the search and max price of $200 and watch what you come up with.

I found tons that would probably work for you. Check that first ... some ppl let their **** go for ridiculously low prices
I had a RG120 and put some EMG's in it and it was a nice guitar. I think it would be a good buy for you.

And why are people mentioning tele's when he posted 2 pics to choose from which aren't even similar to tele's?
by a used one on craigslist. you can get higher quality guitars that will last longer for the same price. even if there used there high quality so it wont matter if here in fairly good shape.
That squire tele is made of agathis. Agathis is not a great tone wood. I would look for something else.
Quote by SPBY

What this dude said, they aren't as good as the other ibanez guuitars. So save up some more money and buy a better guitar. Like a better ibanez, or get a Godin they sell pretty nice guitars and cheap too. there worth teh money.