Whenever I turn it on now, all I get is a loud buzzing sound, and it's still playable, but the volume is now much lower compared to when I first got it. I don't know anything about tubes, but I looked into the back of the amp, and if I am looking at them right, they are BARELY illuminating, and only give off a faint orange color. Is something wrong with them?
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
are all the tubes like that?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
are all the tubes like that?

I don't really know crap about tubes, but as I see it, there are 4 total tubes, and I only see two illuminate at all.
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by Metalliklok
B-52 and reliability issues seem to go hand in hand.

I just got mine today.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
either you had two tubes go bad at the same time or something in that section of circuitry went bad
it's kinda hard to tell from all the way across the internets, but beings you know little about tubes your best option seems to be to take it to a guitar shop and get a tech to look at it

Quote by TonyIommi2557
I just got mine today.

that makes me think it's not as likely the tube, i would definitely take it back to the shop
they may have some 30 day return policy or something like that to where you can just get a new one
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
either you had two tubes go bad at the same time or something in that section of circuitry went bad
it's kinda hard to tell from all the way across the internets, but beings you know little about tubes your best option seems to be to take it to a guitar shop and get a tech to look at it

that makes me think it's not as likely the tube, i would definitely take it back to the shop
they may have some 30 day return policy or something like that to where you can just get a new one

I ordered from Musician's Friend. Hopefully this won't be too difficult.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
45-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee** If you are not completely satisfied with any product, return it for a full refund of the product purchase price, full credit, or exchange of your choice. We give you 45 days from the shipping date. That’s the best guarantee in the music industry.

looks hopeful...
Even if I am getting it replaced, could someone please diagnose the problem?
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by TonyIommi2557
Even if I am getting it replaced, could someone please diagnose the problem?

I wish I could help you out but I have no idea, dude.

The only thing that's happened to mine so far is a blown fuse.

If it weren't under warranty I'd say pop it open, drain the capacitors and poke around in there yourself but since you can send it back, send it back.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.