I don't know if this thread would go in here, or some other one. If anyone could help me, or just point me in the right thread direction, i would really appreciate it.

Anyways, I don't wanna go into the whole thing, but last night my friend helped me to put a nice chip in the paint of my Ibanez XTP700, about a 2 cm in diameter. As you can tell, I am quite miffed about this. I just got it this weekend, and already it's got this ugly ass mark. The only pro of this situation is that it didn't dig into the wood, and that i found the piece that came off.

So, my question is this: Is there any way I can put that piece back on, weather it be some bonding substance? I really don't want to have to get the whole thing refinished, if that would be a solution.

Again, if you can help me with this, i appreciate it 120%
a thin layer of superglue underneath and if it's not in a highly visible spot, on top too
whatever you do just be careful not to chip more off
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
a thin layer of superglue underneath and if it's not in a highly visible spot, on top too
whatever you do just be careful not to chip more off

Its on the very end of the rear tail. But thank you, I didn't know if glue would do anything to the paint, like take any more off.

And yeah, I'll have pic's up in a bit.
Depends on the paint, Is it opaque or clear coat? There are a couple different methods I use. I have super glued paint chips back and used superglue to repair clear coat as long as it didn't mark the wood under the finish. I fill it and then using very fine sandpaper 1500 and 2000 grit blended them in and then polished it back to a nice shine. It's a bit time consuming but if it's done right you can't find the repair. I have been doing this for years I don't know if it's something a novice can pull off. I have found using black fingernail polish works great on black guitars. I fill the chip with several coats until it is above the finish and then sand it down flush with the fine sandpaper and polish it the same way. So far all the repairs have come out awesome. The problem with other colors is finding an exact match. I wish someone would make touch up paint for guitars like they do for cars!

John
Pics are coming in a minute. Had to upload them to photobucket, which i forgot all my info for...lol

And it's the custom chameleon paint that's on the XTP700s. I doubt its easily replaceable.
Here are the pics. Hopefully the superglue will work. I'm going to try that when I get my hands on some.