Anybody listen to La Roux?

They're a great band from the UK thats getting a lot of buzz. I can't get enough of their music. "Bulletproof" is probably my favorite song of 2009 so far.

plus, They are having an awesome remix contest with some sweet prizes. Check it out . Click here!

Their music is so refreshing. Add them on myspace !
sorry mate but they are ****e!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Yeah I do rather enjoy listening to 'em. Everyone always thinks it's just her but the producer who makes most if not all (I'm not sure) just keeps out the public eye.
Every single La Roux song that I've heard is better when it's remixed by someone else.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Dont mind it at all. If it comes on the radio or in a club im all for it, but im not going to go out of the way to listen to it. This is how i feel about a hell of a lot of music though...
^^Scratch Perverts did a really good dub mix of going in for the kill, can't find anything on the net though.
Quote by Meatball200
^^Scratch Perverts did a really good dub mix of going in for the kill, can't find anything on the net though.

Yeah man, them, Skream, Zinc, Foamo and about a billion others have done awesome remix. Always good for a night out too.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

The lead singer's hair is crazy!

I can't say I'm a fan, but my friend absolutely loves them. Bit too electro for my liking.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I dont mind La Roux but I dont particularly mind her either. I cant imagine the album being very good though..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Bland, boring and rubbish 'electro' pop. What makes it worse is that she thinks her music justifys her ego, which it might if it was actually any good.
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
Bland, boring and rubbish 'electro' pop. What makes it worse is that she thinks her music justifys her ego, which it might if it was actually any good.

What ego?

FAC 13
i heard one of the remixes, it was dead chilled. really nice. i cant stand the actual songs ive heard though.
She look model more than a singer. I listened her but I like to watch he
... The fuck?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I quite like it... Seriously, one of the best albums/singles? to top the charts in a long time...
Last edited by Jackolas at Aug 3, 2009,
I love Bulletproof, not so fond of In For The Kill.

Should check out their stuff really.
--------
Quote by apothecarrie
I love Bulletproof, not so fond of In For The Kill.

Should check out their stuff really.

Fascination is a good track too.
She declared herself as " a whole new kind of pop star" on the cover of NME, which is never a good thing. I don't hate her, but I find her quite un-engaging. Is it more than just the singer?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
She declared herself as " a whole new kind of pop star" on the cover of NME, which is never a good thing. I don't hate her, but I find her quite un-engaging. Is it more than just the singer?

I won't pretend to know her personally, but I cannot imagine her saying that sort of thing. Not unless she had some moral/personality change and it's all gone to her head.

NME write a lot of ****, remember - they need to sell the damn thing. Magazines really twist words, even making things up completely.

I was pretty annoyed to see a lengthy pro-drug article in there once.
Originally Posted by Hereiwas

Whats wrong with ambition? Its a change from most dour indie bands. Also its her and the other guy that writes the music and not a "singer producer" set up.

FAC 13
i hate her! she sounds like she's crying when she sings... how can anyone put up with that crap?! i've only heard one of her songs.. and that was in duty free! she also seems like a pretty lifeless person too
Shes decent, better than most female artists around at the moment (I'm looking you Lady Gaga).
Does it offend you, yeah?