i've had ernie ball regular slinky's and about every 3 weeks im having to replace them due to strings breaking. i dont play that much, maybe a 4 hours a week so they shouldnt be breaking so fast. can anyone recommend me some strings? i dont really care about specifics like coatings and type of metal, as long as they sound good and dont break as fast as these.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

D'addario strings. I have used them forever for not just their tone but i have NEVER broken one of their strings.
It could be your bridge breaking the strings , check the saddles for sharp edges , and yes use daddario
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
You have a burr or a sharp spot somewhere on the bridge or tuning peg that's breaking the string. I change strings every two or three weeks too, but I haven't broken a string in ten years.
ok ill check. that makes sense since i snapped a D and an A at the bridge. do i just get a file and gently file it? or should i take it somewhere to get fixed?
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Last edited by kingbabyduck at Jul 16, 2009,
it's not the strings man. I've used Ernie Ball Regular Slinky strings for years and keep them on for about 2 months.I haven't broken one in I don't know how long. It's been a while, I'll tell ya that.

Next time you break a string, make a mental note of where it broke.. was it over the nut? At the tuning peg? At the bridge? If it's the same string in the same place twice, you've probably found the problem.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401