In the past i've been a pretty big dumb@$$ with alternate tunings, leading to string snaps and unneeded frustration. So I was wondering if someone can break down the tuning of open G and E if your using an electric tuner. for exampled: do I tune up or down on a string. And if how do I go about tuning down in terms of how many times i click the "flat" button. I know i sound like a total noob but I've been playing in standard tuning for over a year and i'm feeling its time for a change. Thanks for any help.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
open G- DGDGBD tune the 1st and 6th strings down to D and the 5th string down to G

open E- EBEG#BE tune the 4th and 5th strings up a whole step to B and E respectively and the 3rd string up a half step
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by Justin_43130
open G- DGDGBD tune the 1st and 6th strings down to D and the 5th string down to G

open E- EBEG#BE tune the 4th and 5th strings up a whole step to B and E respectively and the 3rd string up a half step

/thread
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Also, general rule of thumb for acoustic guitars is that you can go up 3 semitones before the string starts to want to snap. I'm not sure how much it varies on electric, but I wouldn't go much farther than 3 ST. That pretty much allows for all tunings except for stuff like Nashville tuning...
Quote by Confusius
Also, general rule of thumb for acoustic guitars is that you can go up 3 semitones before the string starts to want to snap. I'm not sure how much it varies on electric, but I wouldn't go much farther than 3 ST. That pretty much allows for all tunings except for stuff like Nashville tuning...

huh? i didn't know that. good to know though. thank you
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W