Alright so I checked around for a little while and I couldn't find anything I was thinking about so here it is. I want to know a bunch of songs that are either fully acoustic with a good solo, or just songs that have an acoustic solo in them. What I mean by good is anything really pretty or fast or both. Or anything technically impressive. Just a nice acoustic solo. If you guys know any pretty fingerpicking songs or whatnot, that would also be great! Any help is appreciated.

Just trying to find new music

If there is already a thread like this or in the wrong forum, sorry. I checked as best I could.
Last edited by Squigman at Jul 23, 2009,
Might be a really dumb answer, but, you know, it never hurts tu try
Wish You Were Here =)
Patience - Guns & Roses

I know Guns & Roses is in my name, but this song is both all acoustic and has a pretty solo.

Is There Anybody Out There? - Pink Floyd

It has a nice acoustic guitar part near the end.

This next one you will definitely never have heard, but it's pretty awesome.

The Most Evolved - John H. Clarke

You can look it up on YouTube. It has a really cool Spanish feel to it. but the video is kinda cheesy. Anyways, I hope this was what your looking for, but if not, well, that sucks. =(
The Past Recedes - John Frusciante
I absolutely love the solo in that.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Quote by a7xrocks02
Crystal Mountain by Death has a small acoustic solo at the end. But not very tech. or fast. Oh well.

That solo is very technical and fast. What the hell are you talking about?
I love guitar, anything from tech death to classical. If I didn't why would I be here?

GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by MetalheadMark

I'm talking about the solo on acoustic at the very end of the song. The only tech. part is a little 3 string sweep in there.
Quote by MetalheadMark

People (and I'm guilty of this sometimes as well) "subtlety" often try to show off by saying things like this, to make people gasp in awe at their technical prowess.

But sometimes it's just because it's easy for us, and we're too selfish to see that not everyone is as good as we are.
A few good suggestions already, but i'll throw in me Top 5:

Landslide- Smashing Pumpkins
Touch, Peel and Stand- Days of the New
Unbreak My Heart- Toni Braxton (don't laugh it's got some awesome guitar licks!)
Layla or Change The World- Eric Clapton
Hi There Squigman,

I love your determentation to learn new songs, thats what makes guitar interesting tbh . I love acoustic solos myself, I dont play half of them, but I still love them. I recommend you trying 'Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd' - that is a lovely acoustic song, 'Wake Me Up When Sepetmeber Ends by Greenday' - I've just learnt that and I love playing it, 'Knocking on Heavens Door by dont know..' - Theres so many versions so pick whoever's! Also, 'Albatross by Fleetwood Mac' - great acoustic song. I can't recommend anymore songs really because I'm more into country music but I can recommend some artists.

Try Bob Dylan songs, Jeff Buckley, Eric Clapton and other fingerpick artists, they always seem to do acoustic solos. Also, listen to music you usually listen to and then search for covers of it because at least someone has done an acoustic version with a solo, maybe even fingerpicking if you like fingerpicking. So experiment, or write your own piece which is always fun!

Happy Playing
"Tomorrow Tomorrow", by Elliott Smith.

it's a darn challenging song on acoustic too.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Well, there’s "To My Friend" by Mountain (or really more accurately Leslie West, as it’s entirely an acoustic solo). If you want some really crazy acoustic stuff, check out Erik Mongrain (one of my favourites by him is "Air Tap!")
Quote by EC_AL_JH_GH
Well, there’s "To My Friend" by Mountain (or really more accurately Leslie West, as it’s entirely an acoustic solo). If you want some really crazy acoustic stuff, check out Erik Mongrain (one of my favourites by him is "Air Tap!")

Erik Mongrain FTW.

I wonder when his next album is coming out...
Check out some Opeth acoustic. Their solos are usually on the elec, but the finger picking is brilliant.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Hey thanks for all your help everyone. This gave me a nice good list to go check out. If you guys have anything else, its still very much appreciated to give your two cents. {^_^}