I have broken yet another string, it's like the fifth time in three months, and I'm sick of going to the music store every week. I have D'Addario XL Regular Light Gauge strings. Could it be me strumming too hard? Or are these strings poor quality? If it's the strings, can anyone recommend me good quality strings? Thanks.
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings! Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams!

VIVE LE QUÉBEC! VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

It's better to live one day as a lion
Than a thousand years as a lamb
It might have something to do with your guitar too. What type do you have? You might want to look at the bridge or the nut.
those strings are fine, its probably your bridge thats messed up or maybe your nut. get your guitar looked at if you dont know what your doing. usually the culprit is a groove has worn in one of your saddles on your bridge and thats what is breaking your strings.
and to help with your picking switch to dunlop jazz III picks for a little while, they force you to play with the right technique
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Someone just posted a thread about this very same thing mere minutes ago... Find it and read it. You have a burr on the bridge or tuning peg.
yeah the bridges on those low end epiphones are crap, probably a worn saddle
Gear:
Quote by BobDetroit
Someone just posted a thread about this very same thing mere minutes ago... Find it and read it. You have a burr on the bridge or tuning peg.

!!!
If you cant afford a new saddle for your bridge right now, you might just want to try using mediums instead of light gauge strings, and\or using a lighter pick aswell.
bring it to a tech and they can probably file it at the very least if you cant afford a new saddle or new bridge..i replace all my bridges with tonepros i get em on ebay for cheap, usually around 60-70 bucks
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Tone-Pros-System-II-T3BT-C-Tune-o-matic-Metric-Chrome_W0QQitemZ300304256668QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item45eb874e9c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A30
metric size for epiphones
Gear: