I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar for a while now, have been playing electric for about a year and a half, and saw this here at a local music store. I've heard of Dean's electric guitars, and even though I'm not much of a metalhead, I've heard they're good. I was wondering if their acoustics are a good value, good quality. Wanted to know what the board thought. Thanks in advance for your advice.
I've never played one that impressed me. They don't have a very good tone to my ears.

Go for an Alvarez.

Edit,
I just looked at the link, if that's your absolute highest price, you won't find anything very impressive at all.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not looking for anything too impressive, I'm a high schooler on a small budget. However, I do want something that will play fairly nice and won't fall apart. What's gonna be the difference between a higher quality instrument and a lower one?
its ok, im in high school too and i have no money at all.
well, obviously a higher quality instrument is going to be of higher build quality and therefore higher cost. the only thing about the lower quality deans is that the guitars are a hit-or-miss deal, either it sounds and plays great, or its complete suckage.
try a bunch of guitars in your price range and choose the one that feels best to you.
Guitars:

Mitchell MD100S
Yamaha CS40
Dean V-Coustic
Laguna LE122

Amp:
Line 6 Spider III 15W