Never tried it, but I'm guessing terrible. The microphone isn't built for that, so the sound will be awful and the video will be grainy as hell. You can try though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Never tried it, but I'm guessing terrible. The microphone isn't built for that, so the sound will be awful and the video will be grainy as hell. You can try though.

Actually, the camera is pretty decent for a stock built-in one.

So video wise, it's fine, but the mic is not going to cut it for recording an ensemble. Run a real condenser through an audio interface into iMovie instead.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yes but we use 2 good mics and interface. If you set the levels good the built in mic works pretty good.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Actually, the camera is pretty decent for a stock built-in one.

So video wise, it's fine, but the mic is not going to cut it for recording an ensemble. Run a real condenser through an audio interface into iMovie instead.

I'm not saying it's awful, but you won't be able to control the lighting and you can't adjust exposure or iris or anything on those cameras. It's just not going to come out that good, it was meant for taking personal videos and webcam kind of things.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I'm not saying it's awful, but you won't be able to control the lighting and you can't adjust exposure or iris or anything on those cameras. It's just not going to come out that good, it was meant for taking personal videos and webcam kind of things.

Well, it's not like he's trying shoot a music video. He's just capturing a rehearsal, which the iCam will be absolutely fine for. I know because I've done it before. The picture isn't grainy, and sure it doesn't have much adjustment features, but you can compensate by adjusting the real lighting.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, it's not like he's trying shoot a music video. He's just capturing a rehearsal, which the iCam will be absolutely fine for. I know because I've done it before. The picture isn't grainy, and sure it doesn't have much adjustment features, but you can compensate by adjusting the real lighting.

I guess, I just personally wouldn't do it. The audio is obviously a bigger problem.
Yeah, I don't mind the video that much, just the audio.
I don't expect a great sound out of it actually, as long as it doesn't get all distorted and stuff I'll be happy.

Will it be any good for that?
Quote by Just_Matt
Yeah, I don't mind the video that much, just the audio.
I don't expect a great sound out of it actually, as long as it doesn't get all distorted and stuff I'll be happy.

Will it be any good for that?

I think it'll still be prone to clipping and distortion, so use an actual mic if you can.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
sound sucks. Mostly to see how you look on stage. If you want good sound quality, i suggest micing a monitor or something
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Never an actual rehearsal, but i have recorded videos with it and the sound quality is pretty bad, the video isn't terrible though, but it could be better.