this question has maybe been asked a million times but im wanting to upgrade a electric. bands i like include iron maiden,judas priest,stones,motorhead,sabbath,COB,cannibal corpse,hendrix etc.

ive got some idea of guitars im intrested in:

ESP LTD MH-400
Scheter Hellraiser C1 FR
Fender strat with HSH pickup combo

any other suggestions would be good

thanks

ps im new here

so hello everyone!
Budget?

Edit: Hello
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Eh, for what you described the Hellraiser would be best. I wouldn't get a 400 series ESP over the Hellraiser for sure. To be honest I play much of the same stuff and got a C-1 Classic. The amp matters alot for what tone you get so keep in mind what amp you have (Tube, SS..).
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace
Eh, for what you described the Hellraiser would be best. I wouldn't get a 400 series ESP over the Hellraiser for sure. To be honest I play much of the same stuff and got a C-1 Classic. The amp matters alot for what tone you get so keep in mind what amp you have (Tube, SS..).

Yes, and list the amp you own too.

EDIT: And your current guitar.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Get the hellraiser only if you like schecter necks. I hate them, i would not buy one. Lots of people love them, though, so you have to play one yourself.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by jimishred

ESP LTD MH-400

I'm pretty sure emgs dont sound too great through solid states , dude , we need to know your ampp
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Only think about getting a guitar with a floyd rose if you are willing to put up with the annoying way to change strings.

ESP's would be a for sure to look into because they have thin necks. Along with Ibanez and Jacksons.

Fender's aren't really a shredder guitar because the neck is a little fat.

Look up more guitars by ESP, Jackson and Ibanez. Also, a guitar with active EMG's will give you that generic metal sound.
Amp?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
We need to know your amp, but from what you've given us I'd say the Hellraiser if you want versatility.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
We need to know your amp, but from what you've given us I'd say the Hellraiser if you want versatility.

The amp ill probably get will be a Marshall combo amp 100W
also the main reason i want one with a Floyd in it is that the music uses the tremolo allot.

that help?

thanks
Quote by KiraIBZ
Budget?

Edit: Hello

my budget would be round the $500-$1400 mark (AU)
i know its not in the three guitars you considered but think about an ibanez with a HSH configuration. that way you get a nice range in terms of different tones/ pickup combos. also, if you do like shredding, Ibanez is the way to go. countless metal guitarists have used Ibanez.
before you get anything though, Ibanez or not, the most important part is to play it first and see how it feels.
play several and then decide
Quote by jimishred
also the main reason i want one with a Floyd in it is that the music uses the tremolo allot.

that help?

thanks

As stated the only proble with a floyd is it puts you off changing the strings because it's quite a hassle. Imo it's worth the endless whammy-ing whilst staying in tune to others it's not at all. All preference. Out of your list, get the Hellraiser but I'd suggest an Ibanez myself. Simply because I hate the schecter necks. They're too thick.
No Marshall MG's or AVT's.
Get a Vypyr or Cube if you dont want to spend too much money.

Or wait for a Peavey 6505 1x12 for less than $700 this October or so...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
^ He's in Australia... I highly doubt it'll be $700AUD. If it is, sign me up for one now, lol
Quote by jimishred

that help?

thanks

which 100w combo marshall amp is it?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
which 100w combo marshall amp is it?

i dont know whats a good one?
Quote by jimishred

Tube or solid state?

If you're getting the Hellraiser, it has EMGs, you're way way WAY better off getting a tube amp if you're getting a guitar with EMGs.

Marshall amps won't give you a metal tone, maybe a classic Slayer-esque tone but the EMGs will just counter that, EMGs are made for modern metal tones.

If you're really so insistent on getting a 100W Marshall combo, stay away from the MG and AVT series. If you're getting a 100W tube Marshall combo, that's way more volume than you will need/want, the point of a tube amp is to crank it to saturate the tubes and put it into overdrive, so what I recommend is a 50W tube amp. If you must get a Marshall, get the Vintage Modern 50W combo.

Since you're Australian, the amp market is really crappy for you (I hate it too ). I think the best you can do for around your budget is a Peavey Valveking, they're about $1000 in the Aussie market.

For the Hellraiser, you're going to get a metal tone almost all the time so I think you should go play it with an amp that you like and see what you can pull off with it.
Quote by jimishred

oh haha so you don't know what amp you are getting kay. umm what's your budget for your amp then?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
oh haha so you don't know what amp you are getting kay. umm what's your budget for your amp then?

something that is good but not to expensive ( any thing less then $600)

also why is marshall such a bad metal amp?

cuase ive heard thier verstile

thanks
Quote by XianXiuHong
Tube or solid state?

If you're getting the Hellraiser, it has EMGs, you're way way WAY better off getting a tube amp if you're getting a guitar with EMGs.

Marshall amps won't give you a metal tone, maybe a classic Slayer-esque tone but the EMGs will just counter that, EMGs are made for modern metal tones.

If you're really so insistent on getting a 100W Marshall combo, stay away from the MG and AVT series. If you're getting a 100W tube Marshall combo, that's way more volume than you will need/want, the point of a tube amp is to crank it to saturate the tubes and put it into overdrive, so what I recommend is a 50W tube amp. If you must get a Marshall, get the Vintage Modern 50W combo.

Since you're Australian, the amp market is really crappy for you (I hate it too ). I think the best you can do for around your budget is a Peavey Valveking, they're about $1000 in the Aussie market.

For the Hellraiser, you're going to get a metal tone almost all the time so I think you should go play it with an amp that you like and see what you can pull off with
it.

I know something better if I'm correct they're going to release a 60w 6505 for about $600. The 6505 has amazing distortion.
Quote by jimishred
something that is good but not to expensive ( any thing less then $600)

also why is marshall such a bad metal amp?

cuase ive heard thier verstile

thanks

nothing wrong with the brand marshall on the whole but when you start looking at their models then you have some crap models which people think because it has the marshall name it must be good. with your budget you can't really get any small tube watt amps so the peavey vypyr you should check out.
Quote by Fardarkcrow
I know something better if I'm correct they're going to release a 60w 6505 for about $600. The 6505 has amazing distortion.

$600USD. TS is AUSTRALIAN. Huge difference in price.