i have a les paul, and it is set up for 10s, but i wanted to get a pack of string that would be easier to bend, so i bough a pack of 9s. Is this ok for my guitar?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Yes, may require slight intonation adjustments (read FAQ). If you're really picky then you MAY need to look at giving the truss rod a small turn but I wouldn't be worried about that at all if you had to ask here.
.10s to .9s is no biggie. You should be fine. That kind of Q should be asked when your going from .9s to .13s.

It shouldn't be that bad
i've been noticing that the strings are going out of tune much easier than before...is there anything i can do to fix that myself?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Yes. Give it two or three days to stretch out, assuming you're not using some sort of trem bridge. Or, if you're in a hurry, pull up on each of the strings at various points, then put each one through some crazy bending. The strings need to stretch before they stabilise. Floyds and other bridges bend them in right quick, but otherwise you're going to have to tune a bit every time you switch strings.
Quote by guitarboy48
i've been noticing that the strings are going out of tune much easier than before...is there anything i can do to fix that myself?

how old are the strings?
Quote by Wynterbite
Yes. Give it two or three days to stretch out, assuming you're not using some sort of trem bridge. Or, if you're in a hurry, pull up on each of the strings at various points, then put each one through some crazy bending. The strings need to stretch before they stabilise. Floyds and other bridges bend them in right quick, but otherwise you're going to have to tune a bit every time you switch strings.

Basically this. I put new Dunlops on my Jackson two days ago and they are just starting to settle in. Before I sit down to play it (at least 2 separate times a day) I just pull each string up around the 12th fret and let it back down. Then I tune back up to standard and start doing crazy bends all over the fretboard on each string. After that, they've usually settled enough to be playable for a little while.

And yeah, if they are old you could have problems with slipping but read the FAQ to learn how to string your guitar so the strings don't slip.