Hi there, i'm going to be wiring my first custom guitar soon and i'm abit clueless when it comes to pots, capacitors etc. I was just wondering what pots to go for with a sd jb in the bridge and 2 vintage noiseless pickups in middle and neck positions? I've heard that 250K pot's with 0.022 capacitors are about right but i could do with some recommendations.
Also, is there anywhere i can pick up the cable for wiring?

I'll be back tomorrow to check this post! Cheers, Dave.
Usually for humbuckers, you would use 500K pots, 250K for single coils. The higher the impedance (I think it's impedance), the brighter the tone. 1Meg pots are extremely bright, while 250Ks are used to help tame the brightness of singlecoils. As for capacitors, the Wiring thread has great advice. 0.047 uF caps are usually used with humbuckers, iirc.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
remember CTS pots are nice if you like nice things. if its a low budget project then just go with whatever.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
If you order from www.allparts.com nuthinbuttrubl8 (Phil) has a 15% discount off of the website, iirc.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Usually for humbuckers, you would use 500K pots, 250K for single coils. The higher the impedance (I think it's impedance), the brighter the tone. 1Meg pots are extremely bright, while 250Ks are used to help tame the brightness of singlecoils. As for capacitors, the Wiring thread has great advice. 0.047 uF caps are usually used with humbuckers, iirc.

So would it be possible to use a 500k to keep the humbucker warm and 250k for the singles?
i wish i had the time to search for answers. It usually works out quicker if i just ask.
Quote by Hammy135
i wish i had the time to search for answers. It usually works out quicker if i just ask.
Find the time.

And use the link Super-G provided and ask in the proper place.
That will work very quickly.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.