If you've seen Back to the future, im assuming most of you have, you remember the scene where marty plays Johnny b goode and then goes off into a shredding solo.

would this be a good idea to do for a talent quest? or would it be just fail since some kids at my school havent seen it.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
If they have not seen Back to the Future, it's their own loss.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
do it, should be good anyway. and if they haven't seen the movie, you can look down on them.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
If you did that and filmed it, I would make an effigy of you and have raucous sex with it.

Seriously do it though, but only if you say the line at the end of it where he's like, "You might not like it... but your kids will" or something.
Gear:
-Saga strat, modded with guitarfetish p/ups
-epiphone abomination (don't know what it's called) with scalloped neck and power rails gfs p/up
-Fender Twin Reverb
-Blues screamer pedal
-Boss Turbo overdrive
Quote by ozy!d!ot
If you've seen Back to the future, im assuming most of you have, you remember the scene where marty plays Johnny b goode and then goes off into a shredding solo.

would this be a good idea to do for a talent quest? or would it be just fail since some kids at my school havent seen it

GET OF MY PHONE!

But seriously go for it.
Last edited by stevve at Jul 16, 2009,
That actually sounds like a fantastic idea. Think of it this way if you can play it really good all the people even those who haven't seen it will think it was cool to watch just for the playing aspect of it. For all those who have seen it and pick up one what your doing, they will have an added little bonus of going "Hey! That's awesome!!"
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
even if the audience hasnt seen it it should go off well assuming you can hold their attention with johnny b good for long enough. you grosley over-estimate the attentention level of the average music listener. and the people that DO make the connection will think its even more awesome.
If you truly want to recreate it, you'll need to be able to become transparent, have an audience that is dancing, and somebody who looks exactly like you. Good luck.
Quote by bendystraw
If you truly want to recreate it, you'll need to be able to become transparent, have an audience that is dancing, and somebody who looks exactly like you. Good luck.

He won't need someone who looks like him if he's doing the scene from BTTF 1. But the transparency? Hmm...
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
done it
lots of fun
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Do it, tis one of the best bits in the film.

EDIT: **** I want to watch this film now.
Last edited by creelers at Jul 16, 2009,
Quote by Karvid

This.
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
HEY CHUCK!! IT"S MARVIN!...YOUR COUSIN!...MARVIN BERRY!! YOU KNOW THAT NEW SOUND YOU BEEN LOOKIN FOR!...WELL LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

you have to have that part of it

or do the simpsons remake & play smells like teen spirit

HEY KURT!! IT"S MARVIN!...YOUR COUSIN!...MARVIN COBAIN!! YOU KNOW THAT NEW SOUND YOU BEEN LOOKIN FOR!...WELL LISTEN TO THIS!!!!
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
I say

Do it!
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
DO IT! Need vids. This could be really awesome or really bad. But entertaining either way.
One of my favorite movies....
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by The_7th_Nerf
If you did that and filmed it, I would make an effigy of you and have raucous sex with it.

Seriously do it though, but only if you say the line at the end of it where he's like, "You might not like it... but your kids will" or something.

You must say this.

Quite frankly, that scene subconsciously made me want to play guitar.

or do the simpsons remake & play smells like teen spirit

Aww man, what episode was that in?
I watched it and it sounded like ****, so I say no, but everyone else is saying yes, so I guess do it.
Yeah do it, kick the amp over and everything. Then film it and post it on here.

Just to clarify, the line is 'I guess you guys aren't ready for that....but your kids are gonna love it!'. Yeah, I've watched it way too many times.
Quote by Karvid

+1.

I guess you guys aren't ready for that... but your parents loved it.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!