As the title may suggest, I am after a new amp for home practicing and recording. I am after something all tube but with a fairly low wattage so I can have it sound good at fairly low volumes (I don't need to gig with it). I don't have a budget yet and I'm not sure how much wattage I actually need (I'm guessing somewhere between 5 and 50w) and am undecided whether a combo or half stack would work better (suggestions please).
My style would be somewhere between metallica and dethklok but with more of a Godsmack tone. (so more of a hard rock sound in a metal genre)

Also does anyone have opinions on orange or blackheart amps? I have been looking at a couple that seem like they might be good

Thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Blackheart is seriously looking good, check out Guitar World's review on the Blackheart. They claim that they have no idea how Blackheart can make such a quality unit for ludicrously low prices. or perhaps a Marshall mgdfx50?
Quote by diabolus
Blackheart is seriously looking good, check out Guitar World's review on the Blackheart. They claim that they have no idea how Blackheart can make such a quality unit for ludicrously low prices. or perhaps a Marshall mgdfx50?

thanks, that sounds pretty sweet. Do you have any advice on the lowest wattage I could get away with? because blackheart make a 5w version that I was wondering about. Would it be too quiet? Can you get a good 5w amp?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think