Ok so im thinking of upgrading from my B.C. Rich to an ibanez or schecter guitar. Now my price range is 250-399(400), and i have a fender strat and epiphone Les pual so i don't really want to buy any other kind of guitar because for my band im doing mostly metal and i need guitars that can handle that and the B.C. is great but i think the ibanez and schecters out beat it by a bit so im asking who knows what i should get between those too? Oh and maybe just maybe i could go for a razorback as a possible third option
Variety and passion to dominate all
schecters are amazing for the price

I'm saving up for a c1 blackjack atx
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I know almost nothing about gear and guitars. It's sad. I think Schecters are heavier sounding though.
If you play fast metal and shred a lot id say ibanez. If you just want a heavy sound then shecter. I upgraded from a b.c rich to an Ibanez and its great.
yeya but cant a schecter be good for fast stuff too? jsut customize it with good strings?
Schecter, mainly because they come with Seymour Duncans or EMGs while Ibanez's stock pickups are not as good.
Quote by cccforthree
yeya but cant a schecter be good for fast stuff too? jsut customize it with good strings?

Schecter's come with d'addrios.

And since when did new strings make a guitar play faster?

...good neck makes a guitar play faster.
thats true but with d'addrios it has a good feel for speed and also if u have crappy strings your obvisoly not gonig to play fast ya know lol but ok those are my fav strings and a good neck is key
ehh, in that price i'd say schecter wouldn't be a great option. that's they're real low-end stuff. either save up more for a better schecter, or a ibanez rg in that price range.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by TheBigProjekt

...good neck makes a guitar play faster.

No, good players make a guitar play faster.

And it's all preference about the thinner/thicker neck deal. I can personally play "faster" on my thick necked Gibson then on my thin-necked Ibanez. I think for me its because of the frets. The frets on my Gibson are tiny and flat, while the Ibby has jumbo frets.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...