I recently have been given a Micro 41, 4 channel mixer by Univox from a friend of mine. The only problem is I don't have a clue what it really is or does. If someone could help me out on this, that would be great.
google it
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Don't be fooled, although I may appear to be a complete retard of the internet I have googled it...many times
I came here trying to find someone who actually knows about it, as google does not
Oh okay, well then give me a few minutes to explain it, i had a music tech class this year and we learned about them a little.

btw it's probably going to be useless to you

EDIT: wow, that thing looks weird, im used to mixers more like this http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/alesis-multimix-2-mixer.jpg
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Jul 16, 2009,
Okay well from looking at that it looks like you can take 4 TRS cables and plug them into it and come out with one cable, therefore mixing the whole signal together. Okay this picture of the front http://www.univox.org/pics/effects/micro41.jpg isn't that great but i think i can make out what most of it does. The blue switch looks like a master fader, basically a mastervolume, and then the bottom 4 labelled 1, 2, 3, and 4 look like they are individual faders for each input. Say you have a 2 guitars but one is to loud you could turn the fader down on that. And i can't tell what the middle one does, sorry if this isn't helping out to much that things confusing.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
^ I am wet is correct from what I can see. I can't tell what the top row of switches does though. Plug in your guitars/mics/bass, and output to a PA, set the volume for each one using the lower row of switches, set the master volume.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Yes the middle row is just for "Tone", controlling the basic treble and bass of the instruments I think
And this thing seems pretty ancient as well, so is it just used for playing live through one PA or is it used in recording or what?
the middle row of sliders says tone, so i am assuming its a tone control. slider up should accentuate the highs (thats the H) and slider down is going to accentuate the lows (the L would indicate this). now, how the tone control works is another question entirely. it could be like a guitar's tone control and be basicly a simple low pass filter. turn it down and it cuts out the highs. hopefully its better than that and slider up actually boosts the highs/cuts lows and slider down boosts the lows/cuts the highs, instead of just cutting one way or the other.